Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

troubleshooting installing HBC on 4.3U with smashstack

Posted by llggrrgg 
troubleshooting installing HBC on 4.3U with smashstack
September 02, 2010 04:16AM
Hey guys, I was trying to install the HBC on my Wii wich already has system version 4.3U using the smashstack hack; unfortunately once I opened the stage editor on smash bros. nothing happened, and if I tried to open the SD card memory from the stage editor the Wii would freeze, I was not able to unfreeze it or turn it off unless I disconnected the wii from the power cable.... what am I doing wrong?

Just for you to know, I did everithing by the book, I'm sure I did not mised anything on the installation process. My wii is not new, I bought it in december of 2007, ah and I already checked and my SD card is supposed to work, its a 2 GB Kingston microSD (I used it with the adapter, of course)

thank you...
Re: troubleshooting installing HBC on 4.3U with smashstack
September 02, 2010 04:24AM
MicroSD cards have been known to cause issues. That would be the only thing I can think of, if you set everything up correctly.
September 02, 2010 04:29AM
I thougth that was a possibility, so I used a PNY SDHC 4GB card (its not a micro SD) and it did not worked, the wii recognized the card on the wii menu, however the smash bros. stage editor did not recognized any SD card....
September 02, 2010 04:32AM
SSBB only recognizes SD cards 2GB and smaller.
September 02, 2010 04:33AM
Yes, SDHC cards don't work with Super Smash Bros. Brawl (and most other games). You need a regular SD card for the exploits.
September 02, 2010 04:35AM
I see... I´m going to try another SD card then!

Thank you all! tell you later how it went....
September 02, 2010 04:46AM
Phew, I don't want to go through all of it again!!! (You know what I am talking about!)
September 02, 2010 08:02AM
Hi guys! I'm new to the Wii homebrew as well, but I have some experience in running homebrew on other systems, so I knew to try to find my answer elsewhere before posting. I am very sorry if this is a terrible subject, but I am having the exact same problem with the Smashstack on my own 4.3U Wii.
I have been working at this for a couple of days and the reason I couldn't get it to work before was because I had an SDHC card, so I went out and bought a Sandisk 2GB card just for this. As far as I know, it's just the normal SD card. I formatted it to FAT as instructed and I did save a test custom level to it from SSBB to be sure and it worked fine.
So I downloaded the Smashstack and HackMii Installer v0.8 (both from links on the Wiibrew instructions) and followed the very well written directions on the wiibrew home page. I unzipped them to a folder on my desktop and then copied the boot.elf from HackMii and the Private folder from Smashstack.
I place the card back into my Wii (which is at least 2 years old but never modded or anything until this attempt) and started SSBB and went into the level creator. Nothing happens. The .elf does not initialize. I then pushed my luck a little and told the level editor to check content on the SD card. That froze the sucker up tight to where NOTHING budges it short of holding down the power button until it turns red or you yank the power cord for lack of knowing you can force the Wii to shut down. INTERESTING NOTE: It did switch the BLUE Wii Console icon and the YELLOW SD Card icons when I told it to check the contents on the SD card, so it made an effort anyway.

For now I will be drudging through as many more readme's, FAQ's and forums as I can find. If I solve it, I will post it here for you unless someone beats me to it. Thank you all for your time!

[edit] I FOUND THE FIX for mine! Read next post.
~Angua~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 08:52AM by Anguawolf.
September 02, 2010 08:46AM
FIXED!!!

I know what the problem is!!

ERASE ALL CUSTOM STAGES FROM SYSTEM MEMORY INCLUDING THE TWO ORIGINALS INCLUDED WITH THE GAME
THEN press B button to BACK UP one menu, then go back into the Vault and level editor.

IT WORKED FOR ME!

~Angua~
September 02, 2010 03:51PM
Well, that is step #1 in the smashstack guide :)

1.Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file.

Thanks anyway for sharing with the rest of people, they might be missing that very same step too :)
September 04, 2010 05:30AM
Axel
Well, that is step #1 in the smashstack guide :)

1.Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file.

Thanks anyway for sharing with the rest of people, they might be missing that very same step too :)

You are correct that it is in the smashstack guide. That's where I found it eventually, but my initial instructions were from the link on the home page:

"Part 3: Setting up your Wii
(Indiana Pwns section deleted because of relevance.)

Smash Stack
1.Insert SD card into Wii
2.Boot Super Smash Bros Brawl
3.Goto the Stage Creator
4.boot.elf from your SD card should now load "

And then the TROUBLE SHOOTING guide on the same page:

"Troubleshooting
When I insert my SD card to start the process nothing happens!

One of 4 things has happened:
1.You didn't place the data on the SD card right.
2.You went into the save game data menu instead of the channel menu.
3.You need to set the archive bit of the private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin.
4.You need the next bannerbomb zip. Download the next one and start over. "

That is a bit misleading as it doesn't mention wiping the custom stages off the console with the Smash Stack, but it is where I was directed, so I sort of forgot about the actual guide for Smash Stack itself. So...

5. Go read the actual guide for your app in question. =)

I feel a little silly now, but thank you for being kind to someone who's been out of the loop for a while. >_0

<3 ~Angua~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2010 05:34AM by Anguawolf.
October 03, 2010 09:18AM
just reinstall all the all the smashstack folders oh did u even extract the folders
October 03, 2010 09:48AM
Billy
just reinstall all the all the smashstack folders oh did u even extract the folders
There was no need for your post. This topic was already a month dead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login