Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hbc installer iso?

Posted by GizmoTheGreen 
hbc installer iso?
September 03, 2010 07:26PM
My friend has a 4.3 wii, I want to help him get HBC on it, but he cant afford any of the games, lego indiana jones or brawl.

Any possibility of having an install iso made? i remember there used to be one, thats how i installed HBC the first time (did not have Twilight princess, so i made a yaosm modchip that i only used temporarily).

so my idea is to put my drive in his wii, with the yaosm chip and install hbc, then put his own drive in place again and assamble
Re: hbc installer iso?
September 03, 2010 09:03PM
Moved to a more relevant board.

Anyway, the reason that ISO could be created was because the Trucha Bug was present in all IOS including System Menu IOS back then. It is not now. Therefore, a fake signed disc cannot be booted. The modchip doesn't affect this, it merely allows burnt discs to appear like retail discs to the Wii. Signature checking is still handled by IOS.
September 03, 2010 11:37PM
If he can not afford buying any of the games, he doesn't have to. You don't need them for more than a couple hours.

Rent them at your closest blockbuster :)
September 04, 2010 05:56AM
Axel is the best!
Another option is to try Gamefly if you don't have a local rental store (like me! :( ). It seems they have a free trial period where you can cancel at any time. Just google gamefly free trial. This may take a little longer, but it sure seems much easier and safer than tinkering around with a Wii's innards.
September 13, 2010 05:27PM
I actually forgot about the trucha, stupid me.

In the end we ended up renting indiana jones :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login