Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulator help

Posted by DarkZX 
Emulator help
October 06, 2010 01:20AM
I need to ask a question....say if i made my own emulator and i wanted to add....cheat support? or something like that...how do i do?
Re: Emulator help
October 06, 2010 03:05AM
Not to be rude but you probably just shouldn't bother trying.
October 06, 2010 05:02AM
xD

First of all start thinking on how you would make an emulator!

I don't know if you are really being serious with your question :p
October 06, 2010 10:59PM
Arikado
Not to be rude but you probably just shouldn't bother trying.

..........................................................................Anyway im trying learn how to add stuff to a emulator people! and yes im being serious axel...if i was kidding i would say:hehehe...but im not saying that....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2010 11:00PM by DarkZX.
October 06, 2010 11:26PM
Make the emulator first, then worry about cheats.
October 06, 2010 11:32PM
yes i already know that but i dont plan on making a emulator...but i might change my mind during the year.....well anyway im trying to add cheat support to GBA GX,some of the members on the site said it was open for editing

But i dont have a clue how to do that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2010 11:33PM by DarkZX.
October 06, 2010 11:36PM
It would be wise not to discredit people so harshly. Even though he may be a relatively new user to these forums, it doesn't obviously imply he's a newbie to programming. Now, I'm not saying he IS an experienced programmer, but I bet you don't have any evidence that shows he isn't, heh.
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt right now, and all of you should. Or, is there any harm in believing he's planning on making an emulator?

Let's just say, for now, that he WILL program/port an emulator, and wishes to include a "cheat" option. Let's see how far that takes us, shall we?
October 06, 2010 11:48PM
Fine Magil, but I can tell you that anyone that actually 'plans on creating an emulator', doesn't come to a forum asking 'how do I do?' LOL

DarkZX
But i dont have a clue how to do that...

That is the problem, you can not come asking how to do something you don't have a clue how to do. It is not a simple as you thought. If you want to get some credit from others, you can not come asking that. In any case it is better if you requested somebody ELSE with the enough experience to add cheat support to the emulator.

If you were experienced enough like to do what you want done, you wouldn't even ask, you would already have reviewed the emulator's code and understood it, and you would also have had created an approach already on how to implement it.

If you want a sincere answer from my part, then I will tell you: I don't think you are able to do such change as of now, you first need to learn programming, then learn C/C++, then you will be able to understand the code of the emulator and you would be able to implement cheat support. However, that can take even years from now!

Besides, I don't know if VGBA for PC has already implemented cheat support. If it has, then well, only porting that functionality to the interface is needed (just as it was done to the other GX emus). But if the VGBA source does not have that implemented, then even the most experienced programmers would have a hard time doing that.
October 06, 2010 11:53PM
thnxs magil and actually, i do have some programming Skills but not with making apps for wii...im still learning....evening knowing i had homebrew for almost about 2 years now,i still dont know how to do anything like that.....well what do i need to add cheat support?

Edit:OK look:Im new to making Apps for the wii and yes I HAVE experience with making programs....i just dont have that much Experience with wii hacking and making apps!so im start off small but if you could find someone to put the cheat support in the GBA GX before i do,I will shut about it and never talk about it again ok?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 12:04AM by DarkZX.
October 07, 2010 12:16AM
Step-By-Step:

1) Install devkitPRO . Particularly the devkitPPC section of it. (links and tutorials [wiibrew.org] )
2) Compile and run the hello world program to ensure you installed it successfully.
3) Download an SVN client
4) Use the SVN client to checkout the source to VBA GX [code.google.com]
4.5) Install any additional libraries needed to compile and run VBA GX
5) Compile the source and run the emulator to ensure that you have everything set-up correctly
6) Edit the source code to add support for cheats

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 12:16AM by Arikado.
October 07, 2010 01:29AM
I just can't stop loving step 6 :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login