Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.3 freeze when homebrew is installed PLEASE HELP

Posted by barjb123 
Re: 4.3 freeze when homebrew is installed PLEASE HELP
November 07, 2010 11:23PM
fiddler69uk
i have read all of the posts and i installed the HBC with Zelda TPtwo years ago, recently i played just dance 2, and it took the chanel off ??? or so it seems!!
i had recently installed the shopping chanel !! and BBCiplayer and went through the updates otherwise it wouldnt work :-O
but im wanting to reinstall my HBC with Indiana pwns ??? and im thinking that it must be the update for the shop channel that has screwed it up?
? everything seems coincidental here as at first i thought it was JD2 but i think Nintendo have been very clever in stuffing up our beloved HBC.
May not help but i think im in the same boat :-(
The problem was that you had an old version of the Homebrew Channel and when you updated it was removed. The new version won't be removed.
November 24, 2010 06:26PM
Hey Guys,

I am having the exact same problem here. Any news on how to solve this issue?

thanks
Roni
November 24, 2010 10:40PM
Make sure your IOSes aren't patched or broken. Use DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition to install IOS58 and try the HackMii Installer again.
November 25, 2010 02:35AM
Hi,

I am trying to load DOP-Mii but the file is a DOL file and Indiana Pwns only opens ELF files. Any solutions on that?
Thanks
November 25, 2010 04:58AM
Indiana Pwns does load dol files. Make sure it's "boot.dol".
November 25, 2010 03:15PM
Hi,

I have copied the DOPMii boot.dol file into the SD. When I try to load it with the Indiana Pwns, it says that it cant find boot.elf file.

Any ideas?

sorry for giving you guys a hard time...
November 25, 2010 06:56PM
roni.sm
Hi,

I have copied the DOPMii boot.dol file into the SD. When I try to load it with the Indiana Pwns, it says that it cant find boot.elf file.

Any ideas?

Are you sure you are using a boot.dol, and where are you obtaining it from. The DOP-Mii DOL should be from: [wiibrew.org] and the Indiana Pwns Exploit should be from: [wiibrew.org]. Also make sure that the boot.dol is in the root of your SD card.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2010 07:02PM by Linuz.
November 25, 2010 07:02PM
Actually, I think Indiana Pwns can only load .ELF files. So find a .ELF of LoadMii (it definitely exists somewhere, I think its version 0.3 you need), and put it as boot.elf on the root. Then use it to load any .DOL you want.
November 25, 2010 07:39PM
SifJar
Actually, I think Indiana Pwns can only load .ELF files. So find a .ELF of LoadMii (it definitely exists somewhere, I think its version 0.3 you need), and put it as boot.elf on the root. Then use it to load any .DOL you want.
I was unaware of that
November 25, 2010 07:41PM
SifJar

Hmm...

I thought that Indiana Pwns could load both DOL and ELF, after all they are both executables aren't they?

roni.sm
Hi,

Any ideas?

You could try getting an ELF executable of DOP-Mii, I'm not sure how but here are my ideas:

1) Obtain the source code of DOP-Mii and compile to an ELF file by yourself.
2) Ask Arikado, Lunatik or Lukegb for an ELF file, but I doubt they will still have it.
December 07, 2010 11:57AM
Thanks for the info ^^"
December 07, 2010 06:41PM
LoadMii 0.3 compiled as .ELF is here:

[code.google.com]

There are 2 choices, make sure you download the one which includes the .ELF

Edit: ...and rename it from loader.elf to boot.elf !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 06:42PM by Axel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login