Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smash Stack on 4.3 with Bootmii 0.8 freezing

Posted by yebo 
Smash Stack on 4.3 with Bootmii 0.8 freezing
November 06, 2010 08:13PM
My copy of Super Smash Bros just arrived today and I have tried the download from [www.wiibrew.org]

I followed the instructions from [www.wiibrew.org] to try to get the Homebrew Channel setup.

When I load the Stage Builder, the Wii freezes and there is a constant tone coming from the TV speakers.

I have repeated the whole process, including doing a fresh format of the SD card (1GB, non SDHC).

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
Re: Smash Stack on 4.3 with Bootmii 0.8 freezing
November 06, 2010 10:32PM
Make sure you delete all custom stages from your wii, including the three that appear by default. Furthermore, Smash Stack occasionally freezes randomly. You may need to try it more than once.
November 06, 2010 11:22PM
I had the same problem So i looked at the trouble shooting section of wibrew.org
Number 3 says You need to set the archive bit of the private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin.

But when i download the smashstack file from homebrew the file path is
private\wii\app\rsbe\st\st_080805_0933.bin

Any ideas
November 06, 2010 11:37PM
jbc007
Make sure you delete all custom stages from your wii, including the three that appear by default. Furthermore, Smash Stack occasionally freezes randomly. You may need to try it more than once.

I initially tried it without letting the game create a save file, and it froze after I got an error about no save data. So I created a save profile, deleted the custom stages and it still freezes.

Now, when I delete the custom stages, I am going into the data option to erase all data. Perhaps I should selectively delete the stages?

I will try that tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login