Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Menu 4.3 with broken disc reader

Posted by joesolly 
Wii Menu 4.3 with broken disc reader
November 13, 2010 08:34PM
Is there anyway for me to install the homebrew channel? My Wii recently stopped reading discs and I thought an update might fix the problem, it didn't. So now I have a Wii with menu version 4.3, and I can't play games in order to install the homebrew channel and bannerbomb doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Re: Wii Menu 4.3 with broken disc reader
November 13, 2010 08:44PM
joesolly
Is there anyway for me to install the homebrew channel? My Wii recently stopped reading discs and I thought an update might fix the problem, it didn't. So now I have a Wii with menu version 4.3, and I can't play games in order to install the homebrew channel and bannerbomb doesn't work. Any suggestions?

The bannerbomb exploit isn't meant to work on system menu v4.3. Sorry, but as far as I know, you have to use an exploit. All exploits on V4.3 use discs. You could try sending the wii to Nintendo and since you don't have the HBC they might fix it. Or you might just have to wait for another exploit to be released.
November 13, 2010 08:59PM
There probably never will be another exploit in the system menu. Since you updated, you will not be able to install homebrew now, and probably not ever, without a functional disc drive.
November 13, 2010 09:31PM
DarkFlasher

The bannerbomb exploit isn't meant to work on system menu v4.3. Sorry, but as far as I know, you have to use an exploit. All exploits on V4.3 use discs. You could try sending the wii to Nintendo and since you don't have the HBC they might fix it. Or you might just have to wait for another exploit to be released.

I was trying to avoid the $100 to send it to Nintendo for them to fix an issue with their own hardware.
November 13, 2010 10:50PM
Sorry but it looks like it is your only choice. You have to either fix it yourself (which is highly unrecommended), or send it to nintendo with $100.
November 13, 2010 11:13PM
Depending on the situation, Nintendo may fix it for free. However, if you do have to pay for the repair, it is not "highly unrecommended" that you do it yourself. If you feel comfortable replacing the disc drive yourself, there is no reason why you shouldn't (and if you had homebrew in the past, this could be your only option anyway).
November 14, 2010 01:00PM
It's best to send to Nintendo to see if they will fix it, as they have more experience in fixing wii's. If they say "no" then you will probably have to fix it yourself.
November 14, 2010 04:34PM
DarkFlasher
It's best to send to Nintendo to see if they will fix it, as they have more experience in fixing wii's. If they say "no" then you will probably have to fix it yourself.

No, it isn't "best". Some people will prefer to have Nintendo perform the repair, others would rather do it themselves. Neither option can be considered "better". It is entirely up to the individual user. Though, since a free repair is always nice, you may want to call Nintendo to find out if they will charge you for the repair.
November 14, 2010 06:49PM
jbc007
DarkFlasher

No, it isn't "best". Some people will prefer to have Nintendo perform the repair, others would rather do it themselves. Neither option can be considered "better". It is entirely up to the individual user. Though, since a free repair is always nice, you may want to call Nintendo to find out if they will charge you for the repair.

That's what I'm saying, If Nintendo is willing to do it for free then you probably should send it to them (You don't have to). Otherwise you will just have to fix it yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login