Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting Channels to Work after Region Conversion

Posted by papaya 
Getting Channels to Work after Region Conversion
November 14, 2010 06:01AM
I converted my Wii from Japan to 3.2U, it installed the USA version of News & Weather, but the old Japanese channels like INTERNET, News & Weather channels etc cannot be used anymore, am wondering is there anyway for these Japanese channels to work on my converted channels?

Also since Opera now needs to be paid, is there anyway to get the Internet to work again?

And when i access USA News, the language option only gives JAPANESE, does it mean my conversion is not complete?

When I access weather, it says English is unsupported language...

I can access Wii Shop but i think it's still the Japanese Shop instead of US...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 07:24AM by papaya.
Re: Getting Channels to Work after Region Conversion
November 14, 2010 12:40PM
Opera is now free again. And you can just delete the old Japanese channels, or else you can use Priiloader/StartPatch to patch the System Menu to load out of region channels and continue to use them
November 16, 2010 01:20PM
Can you please elaborate? I just went into the shop and i can only access japanese shops. I read somewhere you are locked to the shop you visit the 1st time.

So is there anyway to get the internet to work?

my new News channel still locked to the japanese news, while old japanese news channel cannot be used.

my new weather forecast cannot be used it says english not supported while old japanese weather channel cannot be used.

internet also cannot be used. I guess it's the same for all other japanese channels.

I'm locked to japanese shop so i can't really get the USA channels...
November 16, 2010 02:22PM
If you want to change your shop channel region, you must first change it back to Japan. Next, go into the shop channel and delete your shop channel account (by doing this, you will lose everything you have purchased and all of your wii points, if you have any). Finally, change the shop channel region back to USA and it will work.

If you want to use your Japanese channels, you can either launch them through Gecko OS or patch the system menu with Starfall or Priiloader to allow region free channels.

If you do not want to delete your shop channel account, you can download an NTSC-U internet channel WAD with NUS Downloader, and then install it. Alternately, you can continue to use your Japanese internet channel using the method described above. Weather and News channel WADs can also be downloaded with NUS Downloader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login