Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Different version different results

Posted by ken1121 
Different version different results
December 16, 2010 04:23AM
Hello everyone!

This is not a problem, I just want to know what's going on.

Firstly I used DOP Mii to get 4.1J (Emphasis on J), then I accidentally upgraded to 4.3J. When I tried my US game disc which usually works,(previous my version was semi-brick 3.4U), 4.3J could not seem to read it. But when I downgraded back to 4.1J, every works fine. What's going on here? I saw a site that said something about the wii being region-blocked or something.
Re: Different version different results
December 16, 2010 04:31AM
Actually it is sort of a problem.
December 16, 2010 04:33AM
Just install GeckOS any you can play all of your legit games region free.
December 16, 2010 04:35AM
Also, the Homebrew Channel stays when i upgrade to 4.3
December 16, 2010 04:48AM
4.2+ has improved game region detection. I would have to know how you are attempting to play NTSC-U games on the NTSC-J wii (there are several ways to do this) to provide a better answer.
December 16, 2010 07:21AM
I can't say for sure but I think (think) I have a modchip installed. Japanese Wii's r cheaper than US where I come from. The place (mall) where I got it from is infamous for stuff like DS R4 Chips and so on, not that all are bad.
December 16, 2010 07:22AM
@jbc007

Yeah I think you pretty much answered my question. But how is it that homebrew still stays?
December 16, 2010 05:29PM
the latest version of HBC works without any issues on 4.3. Has done since about a month after 4.3 was released. All 4.3 did was delete the old title IDs of HBC, so Team Twiizers changed it.

As for the region thing: The System Menu now checks the title ID of the disc, instead of just the region. The region can be changed on-the-fly by a modchip, but the title ID cannot, because to change the title ID, the disc would have to be fakesigned, and therefore the trucha bug would be necessary, which it is not on 4.3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login