I get this error ->
cleaning up environment...eventbook release failed with code 0
ok.
sd card detected
opening boot.elf:
boot.elf not found (-1)
usb gecko not found
"no code found to load, hanging.

I have read the forums and tried everything. I have a 2gb sandisk (wii) card formatted to fat32. I place boot.elf onto root of card along with private folder from indiana pwns.. I cannot work out wtf I am doing wrong.
Re: What am i doing wrong?
December 18, 2010 03:42PM
are you POSITIVE that boot.elf is on the ROOT of your SD card (i.e. not in ANY folders), and is named exactly "boot.elf"? If it is, it could be that your SD card doesn't work with this exploit. Just because it works with official software doesn't mean it'll work with homebrew code e.g. the ELF loader within the exploit.
December 18, 2010 05:03PM
Im positive boot.elf is on root of sd card. Also I have tried 2 sd cards - a sandisk 2gb standard card and a sandisk wii 2gb card.
One thing I have thought of is that I was curious about the code in the boot.elf file , so I opened it with note pad to have a look. So now instead of my system not recognising the boot.elf file it shows as a note pad file , could this make a difference , because if not i'm running out of ideas.
December 18, 2010 06:21PM
No that won't make a difference. That only applies to your computer, it doesn't make a difference to the file itself. But it was a stupid idea, the code is compiled, its a binary, so notepad isn't going to show you any code. Have you tried a different boot.elf? What boot.elf are you using now?
December 18, 2010 06:34PM
Boot.elf I get from here -> [bootmii.org]

Indiana pwns from here -> [static.hackmii.com]

Have followed the guide from here -> [remove]

Im running out of ideas?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 08:47PM by SifJar.
December 18, 2010 08:48PM
Don't mention that site, it gives instruction on loading "backups" which are against the rules here.
December 19, 2010 01:34AM
Sorry for any rule breaks. But that still leaves the question of why I cant get this dam thing to load.
December 19, 2010 06:37AM
you SD card could still be the problem. Is it on the list of compatable SD cards found here. This list is far from complete, but you may just be unlucky and have tried 2 SD cards that don't work.
You could try reformatting your SD card. This will earse all of the data on the SD card, so buck it up if you need to. To format it, plug the SD card into your computer, then go to my computer and right click your SD card. one of the options will be to format, click this. If given the option, make sure it is formatted to FAT32.
Good Luck
December 19, 2010 10:34AM
I ve formatted more times than I can think of. Maybe I have been unlucky with my sd cards. I will check out the list of compatible cards , purchase one and will return later with my results.

Thanks for your help so far guys it's appreciated :)
December 19, 2010 01:37PM
Make sure it is formatted to FAT32
December 19, 2010 05:21PM
Just ordered a new trancsend 2gb sd card.

Works perfectly(tested with all hbc versions and with a lot of apps).

I'll let you know if it does.....
December 21, 2010 09:57PM
Well my new sd card has made no difference at all. I still get same error screen.
Formatted new card to fat32 but it's no good.
Anymore ideas ? I really want to get this sorted out.
December 22, 2010 04:27PM
Don't format it to FAT32!

Use FAT and a block size of 32768 bytes. Try formatting your Sandisk 2GB card to that and try again.
July 28, 2011 12:36AM
I'm having this same problem as well. Did anyone ever figure out the answer? I tried to format my SD to what was last posted on 12/22/10, but that byte size is not an option on my SD. Any other suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login