Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating to 4.3

Posted by BLiZIHGUH 
Updating to 4.3
December 28, 2010 02:33AM
I recently got two first-party Nintendo games (DKC returns and Epic Mickey), which, annoyingly, require me to update to system menu version 4.3. I started trying on Christmas Eve, and kept getting error code 32004 (no internet access/Nintendo has a lack of bandwidth). According to Nintendo's customer service, that code is what you get when you have Homebrew Channel installed. I also got a message board post from Nintendo saying that they changed menu 4.3 (it said if I've updated since like 9/something/2010 it would be alright; I haven't updated since 4.2 came out).

I have Homebrew 1.0.8, and a US Wii with System Menu 4.2 installed. I've got a backup of my NAND and everything on my SD card saved. Any tips on updating to 4.3?
Re: Updating to 4.3
December 28, 2010 02:55AM
You go try gecko os, and see what updates the games are wanting, it might tell you. And it shouldn't be cause you have homebrew installed why it won't update. Its something with the internet settings or the connection is bad.
December 28, 2010 03:16AM
I have a pretty good connection. It works with my DSi, and the Wii connection tests all work. I'm not particularly trusting of Nintendo's customer support when it comes to Homebrew, but I still don' t think I'm getting that error code because of the reasons listed (maybe because of their lack of bandwidth around Christmas, but then, don't updates come on the disks that need them, too? Those don't work either).

Edit: Gecko worked. Thanks :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 03:28AM by BLiZIHGUH.
December 28, 2010 03:25AM
I don't know much about updates, they do have them on disc as well. Gecko os would read the disc and see if it needs a update and install the part of the update it needed like a IOS or something, why I mentioned it. Give it some time one of the other guys that might have heard of this issue will chime in.
December 28, 2010 12:08PM
You could just update from the discs...But there is no error updating because of HBC. I have updated via WiFi with HBC installed at least once or twice. I'd say its just Nintendo's servers are busy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login