Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.2 with HBC -> 4.3 with HBC

Posted by pacemaker 
4.2 with HBC -> 4.3 with HBC
December 28, 2010 06:05AM
Hi,

I have System Menu 4.2 with the latest HBC and BootMii/boot2. I'm reading on this forum that I can use the normal Nintendo update to go to 4.3, but I wanted to confirm something. Do I need to reinstall HBC or BootMi? If so, do I have to use one of the exploits (Smash Stack, etc)?

--PaceMaker
Re: 4.2 with HBC -> 4.3 with HBC
December 28, 2010 06:09AM
If you're on the latest HBC (1.0.8) it wont be removed when you update to 4.3. BootMii boot2 however will be removed but you can reinstall it by running the hackmii installer via your HBC (so no need for exploits).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 06:10AM by Arikado.
December 28, 2010 12:06PM
If you updated officially to 4.2 (i.e. via wifi or disc, not a "safe" updater), BootMii/boot2 will NOT be removed by the update to 4.3, as you already have boot2v4 from that update.
December 28, 2010 07:23PM
SifJar
If you updated officially to 4.2 (i.e. via wifi or disc, not a "safe" updater), BootMii/boot2 will NOT be removed by the update to 4.3, as you already have boot2v4 from that update.
Thats what I thought too but some guy on IRC told me it still removed it for him a month ago even though he did an official update to 4.2. To be honest, I don't know what to believe; But it wouldn't be too far fetched to suggest that Nintendo could reinstall boot2v4 if BootMii was detected.
December 28, 2010 07:34PM
Thanks for the info. Everything worked as you described.

I didn't check to see if it removed BootMii, I just reinstalled it.

--PaceMaker
December 28, 2010 11:34PM
Arikado
SifJar
Thats what I thought too but some guy on IRC told me it still removed it for him a month ago even though he did an official update to 4.2. To be honest, I don't know what to believe; But it wouldn't be too far fetched to suggest that Nintendo could reinstall boot2v4 if BootMii was detected.

Well they won't reinstall any patched IOS if the revision number is equal or higher to the one on their server, so I don't see why they would with boot2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login