Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with one of my imported game

Posted by the_importer 
Problem with one of my imported game
January 01, 2011 08:41PM
So my new Wii is hacked and I decided to use StartPatch in order to always be able to boot imports from the disc channel, being able to copy protected saved data to SD cards, etc...

Now my Japanese imports boot perfectly buy one and only Wii PAL import (New Play Control Pikmin 2) doesn't. Well it does, sort of. I see the the preview screen in the disc channel but after I click on Start, I get a black screen. I can boot the game with GeckoOS, but it would be nice to boot it from the disc channel.
Re: Problem with one of my imported game
January 02, 2011 12:42AM
May be a video issue, which Gecko fixes by changing the video mode, but System Menu doesn't, because it should never have to, so it isn't programmed to. But I have no idea, this is a COMPLETE guess, I have never messed with imports.
January 02, 2011 02:54AM
You may be right, it is a PAL game after all and I component video is still analog but then again, my Wiimote goes dead as well, so who knows.
January 02, 2011 12:54PM
Huh, that seems strange.
January 02, 2011 03:19PM
SifJar
Huh, that seems strange.

Please don't scam posts. If you don't have anything useful to say, please refrain of doing so.
January 02, 2011 08:50PM
The region free games patches have been known to break compatibility with certain games. You could try a different patch (perhaps with Priiloader), but it still may not work.
January 02, 2011 10:06PM
Axel
SifJar
Huh, that seems strange.

Please don't scam posts. If you don't have anything useful to say, please refrain of doing so.

Please don't try to be a moderator. If you're not a moderator, don't try to correct one. Kthnx.
January 03, 2011 12:54AM
lol Axel you fail. Next time try not to tell a mod what to do
January 03, 2011 12:58AM
billsfan444
lol Axel you fail. Next time try not to tell a mod what to do

That was completely unnecessary, he was reprimanded already. Please refrain from completely useless and off topic posts in future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login