Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

will homebrew worl on my 4.3u system?

Posted by james289o9 
will homebrew worl on my 4.3u system?
January 24, 2011 04:13AM
i was just wondering if i could install the homebrew channel on my wii version 4.3u. i seen alot on the internet that it wont work with the newest update from nintendo. if someone could point me in the right direction i would def appreciate it.
thanks

p.s. it is a red wii version 4.3u

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 04:26AM by james289o9.
Re: will homebrew worl on my 4.3u system?
January 24, 2011 04:34AM
Yes you can get HBC on a 4.3 wii, You will need one of the game exploits, a 2 gig sd card no bigger and non micro cards. Here are the instrutions on how to install it. [wiibrew.org]
January 24, 2011 04:50AM
cool man, another question. i have a 8 gig hcsd card that my wii recognizes, my guess (from your reply) is that the 8 gig card it wont work will it?

also will any 2gb sd card work?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 04:51AM by james289o9.
January 24, 2011 06:37AM
No its got to be a regular 2 gig sd card most of them should work, there are a few that have comparability problems, I think scan disk is a good one. It has to be a 2 gig non micro cause the exploits won't install with those cards something about it won't see them.
January 24, 2011 06:45AM
ok then thanks for your help man. im gonna buy lego indiana jones and a 2 gb sandisk sd card in a few days. thanks again man.
February 07, 2011 07:00PM
I have a question, I am adding to this post because i also have a 4.3U wii it was updated once to get this version and I am thinking of using the Indiana exploit, but i am pondering Priiloader, do I need that?

I have read many different sites, some say priiloader bricked it, others say you have to have it to load your backup if needed.. not sure what to do on this.. My wii is a virgin . And because i have been reading up on this for a couple day, multiple websites have confused me on Bootmii and Priiloader I dont wanna hurt my wii..
February 08, 2011 02:05PM
What kind of "backups".
If you mean backup games, we don't support them here.
If you mean backups of the Wii system, you will need Bootmii, as Boot2 probably too.

Priiloader is not necessary, but it will do no harm if you have Bootmii installed as Boot2.
Installing Bootmii as Boot2, if it will work will protect against the vast majority of bricks.
Installing Priiloader will also protect against some kinds of bricks, and it also allows you to make minor edits to the System Menu like region free games through the disc channels, removing copy protection from saves, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login