Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost track of what i did. Help please.

Posted by JazzB1987 
Lost track of what i did. Help please.
April 17, 2011 02:37AM
WOW the first thing i wrote was deleted because of some stupid. YOU ARE A PIRATE SHIT lol. Only because i forget clicking on I CERTIFY blah? How dumb.

Okay again in " short."

I totally lost track what i have already done with my wii.

As far as i know i have installed bootmii on boot2 and some sort of pre/priiloader. HBC Homebrow Browser (that occasionally gets EXCEPTION OCCURED DMI for whatever reason)

My wii is 4.2E

1.Is there a program that lets me see what was done with my wii so far?

2.My bootmii and Pre/iiloader (dont know which one) are totally old can i just download the latest bootmii and priiloader and install over my old ones even if i have preloader and not priiloader?

3.Can i still import my old nand backups with the new bootmii? Or can i only import when it was exported with the same version thats installed?

4. Is it possible and would you recommend doing everything again? So the system gets a little bit cleaner? And if yes how do i do it? What do i need?

My softmod knowledge is archaic lol thank you in advance.

P.S Im asking this mainly because i want to get rid of 4 problems i have with my wii.

a) It sometimes gets an EXCEPTION OCCURED DMI.... error while using homebrew browser.

b) i cant acces HBC from inside my bootmi i only get a black screen

c) My wii sometimes turns slow i mean when i start the system and end up in bootmii then start the wii menu from there sometimes everything is slower than noirmal. The blue waves of the HBC and the newsticker text are slow etc. games "lag" . Rebooting is the only way to fix this. Its like 1 out of 100 times i boot my wii its slow.

d) I want my Wii to be "cleaner" it totally feels like a mess right now. And i want to have some sort of checklist so i know what is going on with my Wii. (my old harddrive died with all my nand backups, tools, downloaded tutorials etc.)
Re: Lost track of what i did. Help please.
April 17, 2011 09:47AM
1. [wiibrew.org] does, sort of. IF you post the results of this here it may help.
2. Yes, you can upgrade Bootmii and Priiloader by installing over them.
3. Yes
4. It is possible to start over from scratch, but I think it's easier the way it is right now

a) EXCEPTION DMI and DSI are basically like having to "End Task" or "Force Close" an application.It indicates no problem with your system.
b) You might have a new Homebrew Channel but your Bootmii is no updated for it. Using the latest Hackmii Installer, install HBC and Bootmii.
c) I don't know why this is happening.
d) [wiibrew.org] might help us know what state your Wii is in.
April 17, 2011 01:59PM
Thank you for your help.

I updated my bootmii (hbc finally works) and also updated priiloader.

Now after pressing reset on startup i end up in priiloader (so far so good) I remember there was an option to disable Disk updates. But now i cant acces this option. As far as i know it was inside the system menu hacks section of priiloader right? But now it says hacks_hash.ini not found on SD card /nand.

I tried finding a solution but everything i see is "you need the correct version of hacks_hash.ini" on several forums etc.

1.) What is the correct version?(What indicates which version i need?) And how do i get it?

Sorry for this noob questions but last time i did this was like in stone age.

P.S

2.) What would be the best way to start original games? Metroid Other M etc only work with an old loader i have. What would be the best up2date loader? Is there a way to "update" the original disk channel so i can play my original games? (after i deactivated disk updates in priiloader of course) Because newer games freeze in the original disk channel..

3.) Inside the hackmii installer i read that it installs bootmii as IOS. Did it already do that or do i have to do this within the hackmii installer? (theres an option for doing it) I read that bootmii as ios is important? (even tho i already have it as boot2?)

4.) I used SysCheck and ended up in the BootMii menu ? Is this correct? There was no DONE / OKAY / FINISHED / whatever screen or message.

Thank you again.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 03:18PM by JazzB1987.
April 17, 2011 03:53PM
1) Recent Priiloader editions use a different internal method of applying hacks, you can find updated versions here. If you don't know which to use, check the System Menu's version (Wii Icon in bottom left > settings > top right corner)
2) Gecko OS will "Filter out" the update so you keep your system menu, etc. but get to play the game. Once Gecko OS has installed the update, you can then play it through the disc channel or Gecko OS. Gecko OS also lets you use cheat codes :D
3) Newer Hackmii Installers install bootmii/IOS by default. Pay it no mind, it will have no negative impact on the system.
4) You should find a file in the root of your SD Card (ie. not in any folder) from syscheck. I don't know it's name, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 03:55PM by metroid_maniac.
April 17, 2011 04:51PM
Thanks again.

last qustions (at least i hope so lol)

1.) Is there no way to play games thru the original disk channel? I mean i was able to start even the newest games but then i had a black screen. Older games worked perfectly (monster hunter tri) Totally old games pre 4.2 work flawlessly.

But now even tho i removed the diagnostical disk check in priiloader (as i did with my old version of it) it keeps telling me to update. How can i fix that so i can play at least MH3 normally? I use the hacks_hash.ini for 4.x and the stuff from the "for all versions" combined. So how to completly remove the DISK CHECK?

2.) up unill now i used uLoader by hermes. version 5 or something like that. It has the option to force games to use progressive scan. Which is really nice for example with Rune Factory that runs 480i for whatever reason (PAL version)

Is there another loader that is able to do this? Does Force PAL60 in gecko do the same?

3.) When starting Metroid other M in gecko it says.

THIS GAME REQUIRES IOS 56
DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL IOS 56_v64_v5661.wad.

What is gecko doing here? Is it save to do this? uLoader never asked me to do anything.

Thank you very much.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 04:58PM by JazzB1987.
April 17, 2011 04:55PM
1.) What do you mean? Once the update for a specific game is installed via Gecko OS you can play it via the disc channel - for originals at least.
2.) We don't like backup loaders here, but Gecko OS should do that.
3.) See below post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 05:21PM by metroid_maniac.
April 17, 2011 05:10PM
I edited my last post so you might have not seen my 3rd question.

Okay from what i NOW understand is.

1. When i play an original game with (for example uLoader) it works. (because that has ios installed in it? maybe?)

2. The reason why i never was able to play Other M in the normal disk channel is because my Wii lacks the IOS the backup loader had right?

3. When i start my game via GECKO it allows me to install said IOS without updating anything else that destroys homebrew software or backup software?
I will still be able to play for example backups? Sorry i never used GECKO so i dont know what can happen to my Wii with IOS56 install for example.

The reason why i got confused is because once i installed preloader ages ago i never got the YOU NEED AN UPDATE in the original disk channel even the newest games skipped the DISK CHECK but ended up in a black screen. And i still dont understand why im asked in the first place i deactivated the check in priiloader an hour ago and its still doing it. Even tho the "remove diagnostical disk check" is activated according to the priiloader menu.

Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 05:15PM by JazzB1987.
April 17, 2011 05:20PM
1) The backup loader force loads a game in a cIOS (Usually 249) rather than the one it was made for
2) The disc channel tries to run Other M in the IOS it was made for, 56, even though it doesn't exist.
3) Installing IOS 56 (IOS 56_v64_v5661.wad) will not remove any homebrew installed.
April 17, 2011 05:45PM
AHHH okay thanks.

The reason why i still get the YOU NEED TO UPDATE message when using a game in my disk channel is -> "remove diagnostic disk check " is the wrong thing lol.

It should be called -> "Skip disc update check" .

But according to the Priiloader site there is no such thing in the 4.x versions (mine is 4.2E) . Does this really not exist anymore (because it did back then when i used my preloader) or did they just forget to mention it in the 4.x versions of the hash.ini? There is one in the 4.3 and 3.x version of the ini which one to use?

Thanks again lol

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 05:52PM by JazzB1987.
April 17, 2011 05:56PM
April 17, 2011 06:19PM
Yeah i figured LOL. just wanted to thank you again for all the help.

Bootmii works HBC from insode bootmii works too. Priiloader works disk update blocker works everything works now. My Wii feels alot cleaner LOL Thank you again for all the help.

May the charge, plasma, ice, wave, hyper and of course the phazon beam be with you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 06:20PM by JazzB1987.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login