Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Games Not Playing

Posted by Luigi886 
Wii Games Not Playing
May 07, 2011 11:06PM
I didn't post this in the brick section because it's not a brick. (At least I don't think so.)

Anyway, I was screwing around with Savegame Extractor/Installer, and one day my Wii just wouldn't play any Wii games. It still plays GAMECUBE GAMES, but not Wii games. I was hoping I could get some help.

Whenever I put in Wii games, it will read them, but when I press start, it will say "The disc could not be read". So yeah, help me please.
Re: Wii Games Not Playing
May 07, 2011 11:47PM
Try loading them with TinyLoad, Gecko OS and/or Riivolution. All can be found on the WiiBrew wiki. If that fails, we'll take it from there.
May 08, 2011 01:18AM
Alright, I'll try it. :)
May 08, 2011 05:23AM
Well, it didn't work, and not only that, NOW MY GAMECUBE GAMES WON'T READ! D:

I need help!!!
May 08, 2011 01:04PM
May be a laser problem i.e. hardware related. If you haven't messed with IOS or anything like that lately, sadly this is probably the issue :( Nintendo won't fix it because you have homebrew and so you'd have to fix it yourself most likely :( Sorry.
May 11, 2011 12:09AM
Wait, so now I can't play Gamecube games and Wii games?!
May 11, 2011 12:16AM
Sadly it sounds that way :( Sucks.
May 11, 2011 12:23AM
Can't I use the IOS58 Installer App?

Or would deleting the HBC stop this?

IDK. I'm just listing ideas...
May 11, 2011 06:48PM
No. Like I said, it sounds like a HARDWARE issue. HBC DEFINITELY doesn't affect it, and IOS58 would only affect it if the games in question used IOS58 (AFAIK only one or two do, GC games don't, they use MIOS)
May 11, 2011 11:14PM
You can try re-installing MIOS and then test and see if Gamecube games work again; if they don't then it's a problem with your disc drive.
May 13, 2011 01:28AM
SifJar
HBC DEFINITELY doesn't affect it

Well that helps my case a little.

bg4545
You can try re-installing MIOS and then test and see if Gamecube games work again;

Can I ask how to install MIOS?
May 13, 2011 01:50AM
Use DOP-Mii: Wiibrew Edition to install the latest version of MIOS
May 16, 2011 01:58AM
Alright, and if that fails, question.

If Nintendo was to put out another update and I updated it (and possibly lose HBC.), would this fix it?

Also, I'm about to try it, so I'll put out some info soon.
May 16, 2011 09:50AM
Like I said, it is a hardware issue, so no. Are you just ignoring my posts hoping that will stop them being true?
May 16, 2011 04:51PM
Yeah, it's most likely a hardware issue; I only stated you should try re-installing MIOS to rule out the posibility of it being a software problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login