Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues loading homebrew from HDD...

Posted by Sonicdude41 
Issues loading homebrew from HDD...
June 15, 2011 04:22AM
I have a 1TB HDD that I use for just about everything (school, music, backups of computer data, etc.), including my apps.

Well, for the first few months that I had it, the HBC (v1.0.8) would have no trouble reading from it -- everything would work as it was supposed to. Lately, however, it's almost as if it's invisible now. I verified that the file hierarchy is correct, as well as taking out the SD card and leaving the USB drive in, as well as ensuring that IOS58 had been installed. All of the above was indeed true.

To make sure it wasn't the hard drive going bad, I tested several flash drives I have lying around... and they're no longer being read either. I'm willing to guess that the USB port is starting to die, because the other one seems to be working just fine. I may try reinstalling IOS58 to see if I get anything there.

I'd love it if someone would lend a hand. :]

EDIT: I think this is in the wrong board. If so, my apologies. Wasn't thinking. :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 04:24AM by Sonicdude41.
Re: Issues loading homebrew from HDD...
June 15, 2011 07:07AM
Try formatting part of it to fat32, altough this will only give you 32GB of Homebrew space?
Re: Issues loading homebrew from HDD...
June 21, 2011 06:23PM
The partition I put it on is already FAT32. D:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login