Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need Major HELP

Posted by qantoz 
I need Major HELP
June 29, 2011 09:08AM
Ok, so a friend just gave me his wii without the sensor bar, so today i went to buy one, but they didn't have any in stock, so I got the wireless, So i bought controllers and a couple of games, Turned it on hopping i could switch language, but seems as though he gave me a JAP Wii..... I did research about the jap wii couldent play US games, so i tried no more heros 2 and it worked. So I did more research and it seems as though the wii my friend gave me was modded. so after updating i guess to play no more heros 2, i couldent go back into the system options, I did more researced and found out my wii is now semi-bricked. Now here is where i need help. What am i suppose to do if I don't have Home Brew Channel, And i don't know my wii's System update number (4.0 etc.) Because i want to update to fix the menu, but it seems i can't update without homebrew which I don't have. Am i screwed? Also, It can't play Okami because the screen goes black but the wii is still on, and i really want to play that game, PLEASE HELP!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2011 09:12AM by qantoz.
Re: I need Major HELP
June 29, 2011 10:53AM
Heard of a full stop (or period if you're American, which I guess you are)? It looks like this: . Try using one or two in future posts ;)

Anyway, you'll need a game based exploit. Presuming you can load American games, you need one of the following ones:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Tales of Symphonia
Yugioh 5Ds

Follow this guide and you should be able to get HBC setup: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]

Once you have HBC setup, you'll need to run dop-Mii: WiiBrew Edition and use it to reinstall a Japanese System Menu and the IOS to go with it. My recommendation is to install 4.3J and IOS80. Then exit dop-Mii and go back to the System Menu. You should now be able to access Settings and perform a full update (this should get Okami working again), To load USA games, you'll need to run them with Gecko OS or TinyLoad via HBC.
June 29, 2011 01:26PM
Thanks so much, I'll look for Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World seeing how it's a good game, if gamestop does not have it then i'll just get lego batman............... Hopefully when i reset, it will turn back to english, unless it is truly a Japanese Wii console. Seeing how i can barely read japanese how do I know what is a " full update"?? or atleast, Where is the "Full update" Or "Updater" in the menu? Should i turn on my wifi to avoid all this again?
June 29, 2011 02:51PM
I really have no idea what you should do about the whole Japanese thing. You really should have just bought a USA Wii =/
June 29, 2011 09:14PM
I didn't buy, friend gave me a free wii. But how do i do the full update?
June 30, 2011 02:56AM
on dop-mii I don't have IOS80, the closest to 80 that i have is IOS55 and IOS254 btw, where is the 4.3J?
June 30, 2011 09:44AM
I said to install IOS80. It doesn't matter if you already have it or not. Install it. And 4.3J will be in the System Menu section.
June 30, 2011 11:21AM
How do i install IOS80 when i don't have it as a option to change to.
June 30, 2011 01:29PM
If you are talking about the options when you first load it, that's not the IOS to install. That's the IOS dop-Mii will run on. Just go with the default, then you'll get to the menu where you can install stuff.
June 30, 2011 01:39PM
Seems as though my wii is Amerian o.o! BuT i don't have the option 4.3 i have 4.2 so should i run that? The IOS is IOS70

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 01:42PM by qantoz.
June 30, 2011 02:37PM
What do you mean you don't have the option 4.3? dop-Mii should allow you to install ANY System Menu version. I think you may be doing it wrong if that option isn't there.
June 30, 2011 03:25PM
??? Maybe you missed out on a step? Because i don't have 4.3. I can't even install 4.2.

ok ok, I completely get it now, i was clicking the wrong option XD i wasent clitching option 1 to let me change the IOS BUT it won't let me change the IOS without a WAD.... So i guess you missed a step?

Also, I want to play burned wii game disc, And people said the firmware 4.2-4.3 have it where it cant play DVDR burned disk.... So should i update just to 4.1?

Ok so i can't update without a WAD but idk how to get that into homebrew..........

Multiple posts merged. --bg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 05:56PM by bg4545.
June 30, 2011 04:35PM
im sorry if this is off the topic, but i also got a semi bricked wii, trying to use dop-mii. Starting from after you select to use ios36 to use to install the other IOSes, am i supposed to select System Menu, and install system menu 4.1?(its a us wii). it says what's currently installed is unknown. and when i select to install system menu 4.1, it says i need bootmii installed and a BACKUP of my NAND before continuing. is this asking me to make sure i have a backup of the currently semi-bricked wii? or like, a loooong time ago before it was semi-bricked? and i dont have bootmii...

and to qantoz about your burned wii game discs, for my wii, you need to have a mod chip called wiikey, in order to play burned wii games. unless there's a way to play them without a modchip. and i don't think it matters, but i used 4.1 to play them before i screwed it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 04:49PM by bippity.
June 30, 2011 05:38PM
I can't even update without knowing what files i need, Seeing how the explanation i got was very brief. i just started hacking and all i have is Gecko OS, HomeBrew, Bootmii... yeah i just want to know everything i need to update by using homebrew etc.
June 30, 2011 06:03PM
bippity
im sorry if this is off the topic, but i also got a semi bricked wii, trying to use dop-mii. Starting from after you select to use ios36 to use to install the other IOSes, am i supposed to select System Menu, and install system menu 4.1?(its a us wii). it says what's currently installed is unknown. and when i select to install system menu 4.1, it says i need bootmii installed and a BACKUP of my NAND before continuing. is this asking me to make sure i have a backup of the currently semi-bricked wii? or like, a loooong time ago before it was semi-bricked? and i dont have bootmii...
It's just asking because if anything went wrong your Wii could be restored with a NAND backup.

bippity
and to qantoz about your burned wii game discs, for my wii, you need to have a mod chip called wiikey, in order to play burned wii games. unless there's a way to play them without a modchip. and i don't think it matters, but i used 4.1 to play them before i screwed it up.
You don't need a modchip but such discussion is not allowed here.

qantoz
ok ok, I completely get it now, i was clicking the wrong option XD i wasent clitching option 1 to let me change the IOS BUT it won't let me change the IOS without a WAD.... So i guess you missed a step?
You can select "Download from NUS". This page sort of explains using Dop-Mii.

qantoz
Also, I want to play burned wii game disc, And people said the firmware 4.2-4.3 have it where it cant play DVDR burned disk.... So should i update just to 4.1?
We don't support those kinds of things here. Read the rules.

qantoz
Ok so i can't update without a WAD but idk how to get that into homebrew..........
See above.
July 01, 2011 03:58AM
Ok, Thanks for the big help about fixing the IOSes I only have 1 Problem now, When i click load wad from SD card, it just keeps saying that. So idk how to load, i've made a wad folder and put the file in it but it still won't load from a SD card
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login