Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre-installed firmware version on new Wii consoles?

Posted by Zevas 
Pre-installed firmware version on new Wii consoles?
July 18, 2011 03:21PM
Hey, I'm thinking about buying a new Wii, and I'm wondering what version of the system menu that comes installed on a newly bought Wii. Do all new Wii consoles come with v4.3 installed nowadays?

From what I've read, Bannerbomb is the only exploit for installing homebrew that doesn't require me to buy a game, but that doesn't work on v4.3. I need to know if I will have to also buy one of the games that are required to install homebrew on 4.3 when I buy the Wii.

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 03:21PM by Zevas.
Re: Pre-installed firmware version on new Wii consoles?
July 18, 2011 04:58PM
buy the oldest wii you can find but I guess that will probably be difficult depending on where you are in the world. It may be easier to buy a used wii, a display wii or if you are lucky get them to turn it on and check before you buy it, But it most cases you going to get the lastest version if the store gets regular shipments of new consoles.
Re: Pre-installed firmware version on new Wii consoles?
July 19, 2011 12:05AM
You don't have to buy the game just rent it to get homebrew installed then take the game back to the rental store. More than likely if you buy a wii now in the store its going to have 4.3 on it, unless the store has old stock and you get a wii with 4.2 or lower but doubtful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login