Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm Stuck Completely

Posted by FieryPhoenix 
I'm Stuck Completely
August 13, 2011 06:20PM
I am at a loss and cannot get far. I hope you can help.

I formatted my sd card and put the boot.elf file in the root.

I accessed channels/sd card adit all ran as normal.

I installed the homebrew channel but when I came to select it, it asked for an update - from 1.0.3 to 1.0.8 - I select yes but it crashed to a black screen with the dvd drive flashing blue

I tried again and this time messed abot with bootmii installing it as an IOS and boot2, however the screen went to a new home page with 4 icons - wii, homebrew, sd and settings, but I cannot select any of these!

Banging my head aganst the wall, I wanted was the homebrew channel working and installed

When I go back to The Homebrew Channel it is now holding version 1.0.8 but it is just a blank screen with the bubbles - nothing else.

I running menu v4.1e and IOS37 v14.28

Hope you can help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2011 07:01PM by FieryPhoenix.
Re: I'm Stuck Completely
August 13, 2011 07:24PM
You need apps in the homebrew, will need a apps folder to put the apps in, its been a while since I have done this, I think the way it goes is you have the apps folder on the root of the sd card inside the apps folder is where you put the apps also you you need the homewbrew browser in that apps folder. If your wii is connected to the internet you can use the home brew browser to search for apps. wiibrew.org is the wiki has all you need to know.
August 13, 2011 09:21PM
That was more than enough help - all working. Many thanks.

One quickie - how do I get the emulators to have their own channels? At the moment I have to select the homebrew channel first.
August 14, 2011 04:17AM
There is a way but I don't know, I rather just go through the HBC first its easier for me that way ans less risky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login