Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using WiiXL Stuck on Self Test page

Posted by jgm104 
Using WiiXL Stuck on Self Test page
September 04, 2011 07:01PM
Hello,

I have WiiXL working, homebrew looks amazing, just using it for the first time today and I can't wait to explore. But when running WiiXL I can't get past the Self Test screen. I can run the tests and everything seems to be working but I can't figure out how to run my atr file (it's mule.atr for the Atari 800). I have tried it both in the software directory and the disks directory but each time the emulator only loads up the self test page. Anyone else run into this issue? Is there a way to load the disk image from the self test page?

Thanks,
Joe
Re: Using WiiXL Stuck on Self Test page
September 04, 2011 08:22PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know this was a definite case of human error. I plugged a keyboard into the Wii and was able to skip past the Self Test :)
September 14, 2011 07:32AM
Do you think Raz0red will finish the WiiXL or anyone for that matter? It seems there has been no update in 2 1/2 years. I would really love to see it finished. There were still a few features planned but never finished. I would love if it was updated to read zip files & have a virtual keyboard. Did Raz0red give up or think no one was interested? I surely am. I tried registering on his site with no reply. No one has updated his site in years. I'm definitely disappointed that it may not be finished :(
September 14, 2011 07:37AM
jgm104- If you hit the home button at the test menu it will take you to the run menu which has a lot of different features. The top one: Run Program is the one that I've been using to load all my games. Sometimes it will not load the one you pick then go to another & it will play the previous one you were picking. Very weird so I don't know if the emulator is confused or what. Also this emulator runs .com & other extensions that have not been mentioned or included.
October 05, 2011 12:27AM
jgm104 - have you gotten many games to work. I can't get very many to work. Maybe I don't understand this emulator very much.
August 31, 2012 08:48PM
Hi! I have only just bought a Wii (I wonder if anyone reads this forum anymore, either) and waiting for registration at Twitch Asylum. I would love to be able to play 4-player Mule on the Atari emulator, and I'm willing to contribute to the finishing of WiiXL, if it does not require any advanced programming skills which I don't possess. My free time is really limited due to three small children (my future Mule adversaries), but I have downloaded the sources for Atari800.

First I will try to compile the emulator, first for Windows and then for Wii (and hope I can test it with the Dolphin emulator), after that I will start experimenting with small changes (that's where my programming skills reach). Don't hold your breath, maybe Raz0red had some children, too, which would perfectly explain his absence. :)

Best regards,
piete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login