Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOS58 installation failed

Posted by HarryPostres 
IOS58 installation failed
September 08, 2011 08:00PM
Hi. I'm bought a second hand Wii and basically used it for Wii Sports until I found that you can play old DOS games using the vereable DOSBox. I taked the steps to install the HomeBrew 1.0.8 Channel into a 4.2U System Menu version, installed the Wii DOSBox 1.6 connected the USB Keyboard and made a test drive on the setup. Unfortunately the USB Keyboard refused to work under that setup, but I confirmed that it works in the notes app that comes with the Wii.
Doing some research at the subject I found that my HBC is using IOS61 and that I have to probably upgrade to IOS58 to fix that issue either using the standard upgrade procedure to 4.3U or installing the IOS58 using an alternate installer. Both methods failed.
So, what procedures can I do to find the relevant information to see the source of the problem and potentially fix it?

Best regards

H.
Re: IOS58 installation failed
September 08, 2011 08:29PM
The System Update failed? What happens when you try to install IOS58 with the installer?
September 09, 2011 07:09PM
It starts with a friendly Initializing Network, then Downloading, and then it says Error - Installation Failed [Ok] . In the bottom left corner says IOS61

Are there known steps to get more debug info or something?

Thanks
H.
September 09, 2011 07:33PM
What happens when you do the official System Update in the Wii Settings?
September 09, 2011 10:28PM
Standard update procedure to the 4.3 version gives me an Error 32007. Nintendo's official page talks about network connection error but downloading apps with the homebrew channel browser and internet news and weather are working just fine.

More ideas?
September 10, 2011 12:16AM
Ok... finally did it. Found a way to avoid downloading the IOS58 by using a thing called NUS Downloader. Installed it as a WAD With [[i]a WAD installer[/i]], reinstalled the Homebrew Channel from the HBC itself, reinstalled DOSBox 1.6, and everything looks wonderful.

Some tips for next guy having this issue, there is an app in the homebrew browser that list every USB device connected. Really useful for testing if there is a problem in your particular DOSBox installation or if (like in my case) it was more general problem with HBC.

Thanks for all the help.

H.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 12:40AM by bg4545.
September 10, 2011 12:42AM
Glad you got it fixed, I was going to suggest that next because it seemed like a problem with things not downloading.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login