Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii 3.2 or Wii 4.3?

Posted by x70Teo 
Wii 3.2 or Wii 4.3?
December 10, 2011 07:57PM
Hello,

i'm totally newbee here. I have read the main tutorials and before starting the installation of homebrew channel i have a general question regarding the best (if there is one) Wii version to use.

My Wii is on an old version, 3.2e, and i could use bannerbomb. Is there any advantage in updating to 4.3 and using letterbomb before installing of the homebrew channel?

Also, how can i found out about the version of the DVD drive (e.g. D3-2)?

Thanks in advance,
x70
Re: Wii 3.2 or Wii 4.3?
December 10, 2011 11:47PM
The advantages of upgrading: you get the latest official features (e.g. loading channels from SD card, SDHC support in System Menu), won't be prompted to update when playing games, easy access to Shop Channel without complicated workarounds

Disadvantages: small chance of bricking (due to the fact you are updating system software)

The chance of bricking is very slim, in my opinion the benefits outweigh that risk.
December 14, 2011 03:28AM
Disadvantage: you cant play any of those old custom games (all those guitar hero 3 & singit custom games) without installing a cIOS - which is discouraged by these forums.

Disadvantage: the rebooter and ability to launch channels in geckoOS will be removed, unless you install a cIOS - which again, is discouraged on these boards.
December 14, 2011 06:49PM
Solution to first disadvantage: all those things should now be possible with Riivolution seeing as they were just file replacements. Dunno if there are ready-made patches for those games, but it would not be hard to craft one based on the methods used in the old tools.
December 21, 2011 05:38PM
i have wii 4.3u got used letter bomb to get drew channal on it but did not unlock the wii will not load nun of the uther soft were can you help my sorry word rong just wont to play and us all your things

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 06:06PM by james.
December 21, 2011 05:52PM
no. read the rules.
December 21, 2011 06:09PM
sorry just word rong just need help with your stuff i wood love the help
December 21, 2011 06:47PM
You asked about loading games from a hard drive. That isn't "worded wrong", that is blatantly against the rules. If you want our help, you need to tell us what it is you want help with. (After removing your rule violation from your post, you don't actually specify what you want help with)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login