Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

little help please for start up

Posted by mantec 
little help please for start up
January 27, 2012 06:01AM
Hi there, I am in Australia and purchased a game from USA from Ebay for my kids just to find that it doesn't work due region being different.

1. I installed homebrew with bannerbomd as I have version 4.2E, however after pressing the home button in HBC to get into Bootmii, to left hand corner says 'system not initialized' Have I done something wrong, or is this normal?

2. I want to make my wii region free, I looked at Tinyload but it says you have to install with letterbomb, I used bannerbomb to install HBC can i still install Tinyload? Beacuse I tried starpatch and it didn't work, I got 'error -6' and then 'returning back to menu....' then frozen. i can't shut it off or anything, unless I shut the power off. Any sugestions to get region free.

Thanks in advance
Re: little help please for start up
January 27, 2012 06:07AM
You can still use tinyload, the method used to install HBC does not matter.
January 27, 2012 06:53PM
And for 1 - you probably just don't have WiFi (I think the error you see is probably about network not being initialized)
January 28, 2012 05:43AM
I tried to load tinyload with letterbomb, however when I click on the letter my wii freezes and nothing can be done until I turn the power off. I also noticed with letterbomb download there was no provision to select 4.2E (version) only 4.3 versions.

Have I done something wrong?

All I want is to get this game to work for my kids, any other way to get region free.

Thanks
January 28, 2012 07:31AM
yes, you did do something wrong. the letterbomb works for a specific version of the system menu. thats the whole reason it asks you what version you have. you told it the wrong version, and now it doesnt work. are you really surprised?

if you want to stay with 4.2, look up bannerbomb v2.
January 28, 2012 02:14PM
You said you already installed homebrew channel - load TinyLoad with that, not LetterBomb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login