Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a bit of help with EDuke32 wii. Cant quite understand the music steps.

Posted by nightwishfan1 
I need a little bit of help with EDuke32 wii. Specifically setting up the MIDI files which the wiibrew page explains a little bit of. I just cant get my head around the using of the apps it mentions to get the game MIDI files playing. Can someone who got it working explain exactly what I need to do? Thanks to anyone who can help.
Re: Need a bit of help with EDuke32 wii. Cant quite understand the music steps.
May 23, 2012 01:20AM
Download [freepats.zenvoid.org]
Create directories called "/etc/timidity", "/usr/local/lib/timidity/Drum_000" and "/usr/local/lib/timidity/Tone_000" on your SD or USB device (whatever is being used to launch the game)
Find freepats.cfg in the downloaded zip file, copy it to /etc/timidity and rename it to timidity.cfg
Copy all the files from the zipfile's "Drum_000" and "Tone_000" directories to the directories with the same names that you created.
does it default to sd or usb if launched through wiiload?
tueidj
Download [freepats.zenvoid.org]
Create directories called "/etc/timidity", "/usr/local/lib/timidity/Drum_000" and "/usr/local/lib/timidity/Tone_000" on your SD or USB device (whatever is being used to launch the game)
Find freepats.cfg in the downloaded zip file, copy it to /etc/timidity and rename it to timidity.cfg
Copy all the files from the zipfile's "Drum_000" and "Tone_000" directories to the directories with the same names that you created.

Ok I had no idea I had to create those directories/sub-directories. The wiibrew page for EDuke doesnt mention creating them. It just specifically mentions what to do with each directory it mentions, and I had no clue if those were in the contents of the apps package or what. Now I know I have to create these directories now though. Also when you make the duplicate set of directories for the Drum_000, and Tone_000 (whichever would be the set you have rename) I'm not sure what directory you have to base the names off of. The main directory? Like if I have the second set as "usr1"? Or what directory do the names need to reflect specifically? It cant be any of the sub-directories under it I assume.

One other question. Where do the MIDI files go in all this mess?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 06:54AM by nightwishfan1.
May 23, 2012 09:12AM
I give up.
tueidj
I give up.

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I have one little question.
I already have the following settings:

SD:/etc/timidity/timidity.cfg - Copied freepats.cfg and renamed it.
SD:/usr/local/lib/timidity - In here I have both the Drum_000 and Tone_000 folders with their respective files, along with the freepats.cfg and the crude.cfg (to my understanding, this folder does not require the timidity.cfg... right?)

With that being said, my only question is if I have to add the MIDI files for the game and WHERE. In what path exactly do I need to put them?
Or by doing the previous steps is the MIDI music enabled by itself in-game?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 12:48AM by ShadowOne333.
August 06, 2014 10:49PM
The instructions don't mention anything about adding any midi files. Follow the instructions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login