Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Start of all of this

Posted by Legend28469 
Start of all of this
January 07, 2009 02:39AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of new to this whole "Wii Homebrew" thing, and I have a few questions.

1) How did "Team Twiizers" figure out about the twilight hack, It's just out of curiosity. I mean its not just everyday you pull out a game and find an exploit in it. I mean I just wanted to know where they started, because I'm looking to do a bit of console hacking myself, maybe join a team.. I don't know.

2) I have system menu 3.4 and I wish to downgrade to 3.2, and I've been checking it out for a while, and are there any reports of success?

Thanks in advance,

Legend
Re: Start of all of this
January 07, 2009 03:46AM
if you check out the Wii fail video, they say that the exploit was just in the first game they tried, Zelda TP!

Yep, downgrading works
January 07, 2009 09:09AM
can you pls explain how to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2 so i can get HBC to load...i can't seem to get beta 9 to do the trick
January 07, 2009 03:39PM
Lmao, Ok, that clears things up... lol. I'm just curious has to how they figure this out, or find exploits in games. I know for sure if I played TP I wouldn't know there is an exploit. It just makes my head hurt (sorry if I am not explaining this properly). Basically I just wanted to know the steps they took.
January 07, 2009 03:40PM
greevedogg
can you pls explain how to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2 so i can get HBC to load...i can't seem to get beta 9 to do the trick

There are a few downgrading videos on youtube... I would go for the longest one with 3 parts, it looks to work quite well, and has a few reports of success. I would give you a link but, I'm at work and youtube is blocked.
January 07, 2009 04:28PM
as a general rule, don't link to guides from other sites...some aren't as "good" as this one, and we don't want to be a waystation to those places!

EDIT
you don't know how to get around the youtube blocks at work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 04:29PM by DrLucky.
January 07, 2009 05:42PM
Ofcourse I do, lol.. Its just this is different.

Its server blocked.. Not software blocked..
January 07, 2009 05:55PM
Legend28469
Ofcourse I do, lol.. Its just this is different.

Its server blocked.. Not software blocked..

so web based proxies won't work?
January 07, 2009 06:25PM
Nope... I could just use software to take it down. lol.. But that could get me fired... actually its a co-op job... lmao.. and I'm not super desperate to get onto youtube.. so i can usually wait til i get home... but as of right now... without any types of software... i can't... the filter they have is smartfilter....
January 07, 2009 09:01PM
Why are there 6 posts about getting around server blocking in the getting started section? Back on topic please.
January 07, 2009 10:27PM
oh, yes, sorry...
anyway, don't post the youtube links anyway...

you can use anyregion changer to downgrade to 3.2
January 07, 2009 10:36PM
Thank You... And sorry about going off topic..

Last question... Will I have to redo my twilight hack (to an alpha version or something)... since to my (very limited) knowledge "twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2" only works with 3.4... And I won't have Twilight for too long.. so I can't mess this up.. because I am renting it.. and it wasn't too easy for me to find... I have read about a dozen times on how to downgrade, and i know by heart how to install hbc & perform the twilight hack... Basically my question is. Is : twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2 compatible with 3.2U

EDIT: And would my wii be dvd compatible after downgrade?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 10:38PM by Legend28469.
January 07, 2009 10:48PM
DrLucky, your post is completely wrong. Anyregionchanger will not downgrade you from 3.4 The only way to downgrade from 3.4 is via a somewhat dangerous application that requires you to have previously installed a cIOS before downgrading. Since you cannot install a cIOS on 3.4 (the only to have one installed is to have done so on an earlier firmware version), and you cannot use anyregionchanger on 3.4, you Legend28469 are stuck on 3.4 Thus you can also not run dvds on 3.4

However, you can still use the Homebrew Channel normally. Just be sure to run beta 2 of the twilight hack to install the Homebrew Channel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 10:51PM by Arikado.
January 07, 2009 10:48PM
yep, if you downgrade, you can install DVDx and use data dvds or dvd movies!

nope, I don't think you will have to re-do the TL hack...
January 07, 2009 11:05PM
So... between those two answers, I take it as I am (with a bit of risk) able to downgrade to 3.2 or would it be as Arikado said.. I'm stuck on 3.4... because if i'd known about homebrew for the wii.. I would've never updated... i think i might be mixed up in answers.. because there are a few vids (on youtube) showin the downgrading process ( a bit lengthy ).. but i'm a bit desperate to play dvd's on my wii.
January 07, 2009 11:37PM
oh yeah... 3.4 doesn't work (should have gone back to read about what FW you had)

sorry, I was used to all the 3.3 v1 and v2 people...

Arikado, didn't you tell me a while back the the "dangerous" method isn't actually dangerous?
January 07, 2009 11:54PM
Awhile ago, I did believe it was safe. Turns out you need a cIOS to use it though. So its a little less safe than I originally thought (or as I put it before "somewhat dangerous").
January 08, 2009 01:41AM
OK.. lmao.. its showtime.. I'm gonna do this.. and I'll let you guys know how it turns out... Wish me Luck!!
January 08, 2009 03:19AM
OK.. I DID IT.. TOTAL SUCCESS..

DOWNGRADED FROM 3.4U TO A 3.2U

And Am Currently enjoying my dvd...lmao...

THANKS ALOT..

EDIT: By the way, just wanted to get this out. I woke up this morning, and my wii was on standby (so far normal), then I turned on my tv, and it was as if my wii was on, on the tv was all black (the way it is before the health screen shows up). The wii wouldn't go from standby to power on. So to solve, Hold power button until off, then power on like normal, shouldn't happen again. I'm just gettin this out incase it happens to some one else. Really freaked me out though, i thought my baby was bricked.. lol..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 05:17PM by Legend28469.
January 08, 2009 03:24AM
Arikado, is it "against the rules" for him to post a how-to on the downgrading?
cause I would definitely like to know (I have 3.3, but knowledge is power, and I'm quite curious)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 03:24AM by DrLucky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login