Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Start of all of this

Posted by Legend28469 
Re: Start of all of this
January 08, 2009 05:15AM
I'd be honoured to make another thread (or topic) somewhere on a tutorial on how to downgrade.. from 3.3 or 3.4 to whatever.. i think as far back as 2. something.. I'd give credit where needed too.. so if its allowed.. just lemme know.. and i'll have it done.. also.. i'd have to know where to put it.. as i am kinda new to the forum
January 08, 2009 05:30PM
Heres the deal: You can post/say whatever you want about downgrading; as long as you dont talk about using/obtaining piratic tools or IOSs.
January 08, 2009 06:33PM
Arikado
Heres the deal: You can post/say whatever you want about downgrading; as long as you dont talk about using/obtaining piratic tools or IOSs.

Do you mean ISOs?

EDIT: And what falls under the piratic tools section?

I'm guessing just things like games?

If it is, then there isn't any piratic tools involved in the process and I'm also asking for permission to place a link with the files necessary for the process, or I could just make a list of files and have the reader google the files since I know links aren't liked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 06:56PM by Legend28469.
January 08, 2009 06:40PM
Arikado, that's what i was asking, does downgrading from 3.4 require these? And how is a cIOS bad?
January 08, 2009 06:57PM
At Legend28469:

No, I mean IOS. Its an low level Input Output System built by nintendo that the Wii is run on. Thus a cIOS is a custom Input Output System that can run different things than the normal IOS. A cIOS can also reffered to as a patched IOS.

At DrLucky:

If you installed a cIOS (pachmii for example) before upgrading to 3.4 to can downgrade legally. If you didnt, it requires some bad things (like "finding" a WAD of a certain IOS) to downgrade. A cIOS in nature is not bad. Unfortunately, people have built cIOSs that are required to install in order to run backups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 06:59PM by Arikado.
January 08, 2009 07:09PM
but I thought the only "good" WADs (since it is just a container) were the IOSs and thus the only reason to use the WAD installer...
January 08, 2009 07:14PM
IOS WADs are the only WADs that dont require fakesigning to install. Distribution of them is still illegal because the IOS was written by Nintendo. When you buy the Wii you own the code inside it, thus you may legally alter/patch your own IOS code. However you may not redistribute IOS WADs because they are still copyrighted/owned by Nintendo (I am explaining this well enough? - I feel like I'm rambling).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 07:14PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login