Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do I need go further than Homebrew?

Posted by Keign 
Do I need go further than Homebrew?
November 19, 2012 04:54AM
If I have homebrew all set up, need I go on with the modpacks, priiloader, app-pack and whatnot on the wiihacks softmod guide if all I want to do is emulate my old Snes games? I'm not trying to play DVDs or load Wii backups from a USB; I just want to play a couple of my old snes backups. Furthermore, for the sake of understanding, what are those modpacks and app-packs for?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2012 05:03AM by Keign.
Re: Do I need go further than Homebrew?
November 19, 2012 11:52AM
All those crappy packs are a load of warez crap only useful to pirates wanting to run all their warez. They'll try to tell you that those things are essential for having a "modded" Wii, but that is nonsense. All you need for homebrew is HBC. Those packs will do more harm than good in your situation, avoid them.
November 20, 2012 04:49PM
Thank you for the reply. Yea, all I want to do is play some Metroid, FF6, and Zelda on occasion.
November 21, 2012 04:40AM
Same here, i just want to only use the NES, SNES, GB and so on emulators. Not any other real big apps or other complex things.
I'm getting my wii this Black Friday at Midnight (thursday night/friday morning)
November 22, 2012 05:57PM
kujakiller
Same here, i just want to only use the NES, SNES, GB and so on emulators. Not any other real big apps or other complex things.
I'm getting my wii this Black Friday at Midnight (thursday night/friday morning)

Be absolutely sure you're getting a wii, and not a wii u. A trend that's been going around is that some people call the wii u a wii, and if you get a wii u console then it will not be hackable, and will not be able to use homebrew until it is exploited.
November 27, 2012 08:22AM
Also, the last "version" of the Wii released in October, 2011 (a.k.a., the "Family Edition") is NOT compatible with Game Cube games, peripherals, or accessories (controllers, memory cards, etc.), so beware of that if you are interested in playing the GC ware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login