Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader failed to get root aborting misson

Posted by Videodude747 
Preloader failed to get root aborting misson
March 28, 2013 07:54PM
Problem with preloader 0.30 with wii 4.3e when installing it goes to a screen that says failed to get root aborting mission

What do I do!!???
Re: Preloader failed to get root aborting misson
March 28, 2013 08:17PM
Nothing. preloader is old and outdated, it won't install on an updated Wii. You probably don't really need it anyway - was there a specific purpose behind you installing it? What were you hoping to achieve?
March 29, 2013 11:15AM
Well I saw wii home application that could change your wii menu but the in the description thing it said I neaded preloader so I got that and saw I could do extra options on my wii so downloaded that too tried installing it to my wii it came up with the message " failed to get root aborting misson" after the screen that says press - to uninstall and press + to install

And my wii is one of the new ones where you get a motion plus controller and you can get it in red, black, white and was already installed with 4.3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2013 11:17AM by Videodude747.
March 29, 2013 02:12PM
Well, like I said, preloader is old and outdated, no one should be using it anymore. There is a newer version by a different developer which is called "priiloader", but it has a very bad reputation and has caused a lot of bricked (i.e. broken) Wiis. I would personally advise against installing it, but it does exist and should install on a fully up-to-date Wii.
July 02, 2013 06:26PM
SifJar
Well, like I said, preloader is old and outdated, no one should be using it anymore. There is a newer version by a different developer which is called "priiloader", but it has a very bad reputation and has caused a lot of bricked (i.e. broken) Wiis. I would personally advise against installing it, but it does exist and should install on a fully up-to-date Wii.

MAINLY the bricked Wiis with Priiloader were caused by an update to the installer code that as said in wiibrew:
0.5 : DacoTaco strikes Back (29 Aug 2010)

THIS VERSION IS REMOVED DUE TO A BUG THAT COULD BRICK YOUR WII DURING INSTALL
July 02, 2013 08:23PM
Please stop replying to old posts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login