Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boot.elf and Boot.dol not loading

Posted by thebluescreen 
Boot.elf and Boot.dol not loading
May 05, 2013 01:32AM
Hello, I am trying to install HBC but it says it can't find Boot.elf or Boot.dol. Then my Wii freezes and I have to unplug it. I have ensured the file is in the root, (if that means not in any folder) and it still won't load. I am using an 8 GB micro with adaptor on a Wii from 2009, version 4.3 with the LetterBomb hack. If the micro and adaptor loads the letter on the message board, shouldn't it load the Boot.elf or Boot.dol?
Re: Boot.elf and Boot.dol not loading
May 05, 2013 02:46AM
thebluescreen
Hello, I am trying to install HBC but it says it can't find Boot.elf or Boot.dol. Then my Wii freezes and I have to unplug it. I have ensured the file is in the root, (if that means not in any folder) and it still won't load. I am using an 8 GB micro with adaptor on a Wii from 2009, version 4.3 with the LetterBomb hack. If the micro and adaptor loads the letter on the message board, shouldn't it load the Boot.elf or Boot.dol?
MicroSD cards are known to be less compatible. It is possible to have your Wii read it but Letterbomb cannot. I would suggest trying a regular SD card, you can buy small capacity cards for very cheap.
May 05, 2013 04:10AM
thebluescreen
I am using an 8 GB micro

Do you have any other files on there? I had a problem with big cards due to the fact that the data was located "above" the limit. What I did was delete everything, and the very first thing I move back over was homebrew stuff. This put it in the "lower" addresses of the card, and it read it just fine. Crazy, huh?
May 05, 2013 05:45AM
As far as I'm concerned, some people have success with micros. And the only files I have on there is the private and boot.elf. BTW, do either of you know the cost of a USB card reader? My computer's built in reader is broke. I still wouldn't understand why the micros would decrease chances of loading the Hack Mii installer.
May 05, 2013 08:10PM
I don't pretend to know what's wrong with MicroSDs. It might be best just to buy a small regular SD for cheap and avoid the hassle.
May 06, 2013 12:18AM
For all SD card it just depends on the quality. Cheaper SD cards are usually not as compatible while one's made by SanDisk and other name-brand cards work better. It's the same kind of thing with MicroSD cards except they are usually less compatible. I'm not sure why that is, I only know that's what happens.
May 06, 2013 04:38AM
If it can already load the letterbomb exploit the SD card is irrelevant. It must be something else like the naming of the boot.elf file, maybe you have file name extensions hidden in windows and the file is misnamed (boot.elf.elf). Tick the "Bundle the Hackmii installer for me" box when downloading letterbomb and extract the complete .zip file without touching any of the files.
June 04, 2013 01:22AM
So, this was problem.
Check your SD card is compatible with your wii.
The SD card have to be format to fat,fat16,or fat32 with non HC SD card.
Also, the SD card must have to be 2GB or less but not under 530MB because it can't save all the letterbomb files.
Also, you have to use your SD card just for your wii. You can't use your SD card other then wii.
Download your letterbomb files from [please.hackmii.com]. Tha should load your boot.elf and boot.dol and it will not freez.
June 04, 2013 02:42AM
Wrong. The SD card size does not matter if letterbomb is being used and any extra files on the SD card do not matter.
July 02, 2013 06:57PM
syc20099
with non HC SD card.
Wrong. My Level 10 8 gb SanDisk SDHC card works great.
July 03, 2013 06:02PM
Well, try to format your micro SD to fat/fat16 or fat 32. And download the letter bomb and make sure you check bundle the hackmii installer for me. That's all I could say. I agree with @Tueidj.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 06:09PM by syc20099.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login