Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nintendo Channels and services Are Over

Posted by syc20099 
Nintendo Channels and services Are Over
July 02, 2013 05:42AM
Hi.
I want to talk something that's important to everyone who owned Nintendo Wiis. This is not about homebrew and hacking issue.
Few days ago, I turn the wii on and try to check todays news and weather before I start playing games.
But when I get into the forecast and news channel, the message says the forecast/news channel services had been discontinued. Thank you for your participation. I also have Nintendo channel so I try to get into that channel too, but the same message came up like other channels do. Internet and youtube still works yet. I test my connection and reset my wii connect 24 settings by turning off and on again. Does anyone have the same problem like I do? Or does Nintendo start stopping services for wiis? I can still get into the wii shop channel with no problem yet. If Nintendo stop services permanently, can I delete these channels using dopmii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 06:02AM by syc20099.
Re: Nintendo Channels and services Are Over
July 02, 2013 11:02AM
Those online services have been shut down.
July 03, 2013 06:21AM
So, should I allow to delete these channels include Nintendo channel, news/forecast?
July 03, 2013 10:50AM
You can delete the Nintendo channel using data management. You can't delete the news and forecast channels without using dangerous homebrew apps, and there's little point doing so anyway because there aren't any homebrew apps that know how to properly reclaim the space they took up.
July 03, 2013 05:56PM
I think DOP-Mii can delete and manage NAND default channels include news and forecast channel. I will just try it and if can't, I'm okay to live 2channels.
July 04, 2013 02:53AM
I didn't say they can't be deleted, I said deleting them will only free up a tiny amount of space because the tools don't do it properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 02:53AM by tueidj.
July 13, 2013 12:43AM
Sad that ninty had to do that though. Thank god it's not the Internet channel going!
July 19, 2013 03:48PM
July 19, 2013 06:06PM
Thanks for good info. Well, what should I do with these files? Hope wii connect24 support in wii U in future update and restart services for wii.
August 13, 2013 11:43AM
Is there any way to still see your play time on the Nintendo Channel, or should I use PlayStats?
August 14, 2013 12:06AM
Sorry but you can't. When you start Nintendo Channel, the message will popped up like "Nintendo Channel services had been discontinued. Thank you for your participation." or something like this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login