Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to DL for the 1st time and...problems

Posted by wiibaron 
Trying to DL for the 1st time and...problems
October 11, 2013 11:47PM
I am absolutely new to this and was trying to load up Homebrew channel. I went to pleasehackmii and put in my MAC and it says I need to buy 30.00 worth of winzip something to do it. I though homebrew was free and if I paid for it, it was a scam. Anyone know what is the next step to take? Without paying of course...
Re: Trying to DL for the 1st time and...problems
October 12, 2013 01:02AM
The file you were given by please.hackmii.com was a zip file. You must have the winzip trial version installed on your computer, and presumably the trial has expired and is telling you that you need to upgrade to the full version to be able to open the zip file. WinZip has no affiliation with wii homebrew, and is also completely unnecessary. My advice is uninstall it and instead install a decent, free archive manager such as [www.7-zip.org]

But even without installing 7-zip, Windows itself should be able to open and extract the zip file, but WinZip is taking over. Uninstalling it should be enough to get the zip to open. But I'd still advise getting 7-zip for future homebrew downloads which may be in different archive formats (e.g. RAR or 7z).
Re: Trying to DL for the 1st time and...problems
October 12, 2013 01:03AM
Make sure you are going to [please.hackmii.com] and not any other site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login