Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

not doin something right

Posted by mindshank 
not doin something right
January 10, 2009 08:19PM
I have firmware v3.4u, twilight hack works but when it runs it stops and says cant read .elf (-1). i'm using a 1 gb sandisk microsd w/ adapter it is formatted in fat. i put the boot.dol file on the sd card and this is where in not sure if i'm doing this right or not. The wii is brand new bought a week ago has vote, mii, shop, news and weather channel. When it says to put boot.dol file in root dir i just extract the file to f:/ this may be wrong any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Re: not doin something right
January 10, 2009 08:25PM
make sure you are using all of the right files for 3.4

HBC installer 1.01
and
Twilight Hack2

[wiibrew.org]
January 10, 2009 08:48PM
i have both those files it says something about an apps file what is the first file that goes in the sd card and the order of the rest??
January 10, 2009 08:55PM
You need an apps folder... it goes on the root of your sd card
January 10, 2009 09:03PM
what then goes in the apps folder?
January 10, 2009 09:10PM
he doesn't need an apps folder until he installs the HBC
January 10, 2009 09:12PM
umm... u can try puttin the homebrew browser.. but i was just at a wiibrew page and i saw this

If you get an error such as Failed to read boot.elf (-1), your SD card may not be formatted as FAT16/32. Try reformatting your SD card with the Official SD Card Format Tool

so you can try that...

EDIT: Yeah your right Dr. Lucky sorry about that... try the recommendation above..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 09:13PM by Legend28469.
January 10, 2009 10:07PM
ok so all i have on the sd card is the private folder and boot.dol is there anything else i need at this time? Is the boot.dol file the homebrew channel? Got it must of had to do with the way my sd card was formatted, but i have the home brew channel, now to find some apps!! Thanks to everyone for helping me it is greatly appreciated!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 10:22PM by mindshank.
January 11, 2009 01:02AM
Congratulations, Have fun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login