Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx Issues and other noobish Questions

Posted by speewave 
DVDx Issues and other noobish Questions
January 12, 2009 09:43PM
DVDx won't install , it gives off a stub error and i cant install.. My only Guess is that its because my os was installed by a game and not online. My System Version is 3.3U

now I didn't want a seperate topic, so i have a few quick questions as a noob and hopefully programmer:

Whats an IOS, Whats A WAD (same as a Doom WAD or totally Diffrent)
What Libraries use on PCs are out on Wii (SDL\OpenGL\etc)
Re: DVDx Issues and other noobish Questions
January 12, 2009 10:51PM
WADs are a file format that is usually illegal to distribute... and because of such, not allowed on here...unless it is an IOS WAD, which will come up from time to time...

If you installed 3.3 from a disc, it should be 3.3 v1 (right?) so DVDx should work... be sure you are using the original, and not Comex's..... which game did that upgrade?
January 12, 2009 10:55PM
No, DrLucky. WADs are an archive format (loosely like a .zip or .rar but far more complex) which contain channels and occasionally IOSs. Initially, every channel you download from the shop channel is downloaded as a WAD and then extracted and installed into the Wii. People, who we call "pirates" repackage channels as WADs, dump the WADs to their computer, and then illegally redistribute them online. Other pirates, install the dumped WADs onto their Wiis. Also, some IOS WADs (namely one in particular) are illegal to distribute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 10:57PM by Arikado.
January 13, 2009 12:53AM
Animial Crossing was the game...Thanks for the info on WADs
January 13, 2009 02:19AM
yeah, i think Animal crossing had 3.3 v2... so you are out of luck...
January 13, 2009 07:26AM
oh well :( I Just wanted it for emus and faster loadtimes (SD will lose to a 4x DVD hands down)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 07:27AM by speewave.
January 13, 2009 08:20PM
Arikado
No, DrLucky. WADs are an archive format (loosely like a .zip or .rar but far less complex)
FTFY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 08:20PM by comex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login