Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new 3.4E i need some help please thanxs

Posted by merlinslair 
new 3.4E i need some help please thanxs
January 16, 2009 08:42PM
hi very new to this and read and read through most of this site but no clearer so better to ask myselve

ok i have a new wii which has a 3.4E wii setting section

ok so i have covered i think what you need to know so over to you lol i want to be ablke to but the wii homebrew on but the big questions is what version do i use ? and the best instructions to use to get it to all work

not certain what other information you need to know the wii is conected to the internet and is ready to go

hope sombody can eaither give me the links i nee to find the correct things ie downloads

and the correct i hope video tutoial or written tutorial on how i get it all to work

many thanxs

merlinslair
Re: new 3.4E i need some help please thanxs
January 16, 2009 08:57PM
If you really read and read through wiibrew then you wouldnt be asking such questions.
January 17, 2009 02:46PM
thank god your a modorator your responces are so helpfull
January 17, 2009 05:45PM
geeze dude, calm down..... even if someone reads all of the info, they won't understand it all if they are new...atleast he wasn't asking about pirating!
January 17, 2009 09:35PM
Well, do you have Zelda? If you don't, then you can't play any homebrew games.

EDIT: Here's a little starter packet. It should have everything you need. Just download it here. Then, extract it to the root of an SD card, and load up your Wii. Now go to the settings, Data Management (or something like that), Wii, and then BACKUP YOUR PREVIOUS SAVE DATA!!!! Then, copy the Twilight Hack from your SD card corresponding with the region you live in. Go into Zelda, and use the chart here to see which Twilight hack you should use. Then, either walk backwards or talk to the man in front of you to start the homebrew. If you used the packet I gave you, install the homebrew channel and go into it, then you can download homebrew from your Wii using the Homebrew Browser (also included in the packet).

If something went wrong, then just post here asking me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 09:55PM by Sinani201.
January 18, 2009 09:44PM
Sinani201:

There is nothing bad in the link that you provided, but it is still distributing something that TT has a license over.
But I do think that they should put together an easy ready-to-go packet like that...
January 21, 2009 12:57PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but i'm having a problem also with 3.4 European (E) version. I get all the way to loading the game run backwards the program begins it scrolls about 20 lines of text and it hangs. Any thoughts?

nps fixed it was running the wrong dol file thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 01:50PM by mattsmum.
January 25, 2009 08:44PM
Same problem as Mattsmum run backwards the program begins it scrolls about 20 lines of text and it hangs. Any thoughts?

Using USA 3.4 HBC beta2 (rzde oa-2) and using save hack 2, renaming the extracted homebrew channel folder to boot.dol
What am I doing wrong?
January 25, 2009 08:51PM
@badbear7

You dont rename the folder to boot.dol There is a file called boot.dol that you put in the root of your SD card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 08:52PM by Arikado.
January 25, 2009 10:19PM
Ok, So on the sd card I should have a (private) folder and the (hbc) folder plus the boot file or just the private folder and the boot.dol only?
January 27, 2009 12:24AM
You only need the private folder and boot.dol to install the HBC. Then make an apps folder to put your applications in once the HBC is installed.
January 27, 2009 07:57AM
@badbear 7,

You should have the following files/folders on the root of your sd card:-

boot.dol (installs homebrew)
private (contains the twilight hack)
apps (put in here any apps you want to run through homebrew)

hope that helps, im a novice at this but i have got mine running nicely, if i can set it up then anyone can ha ha...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login