Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey guys!

Posted by Whoami175 
Hey guys!
January 24, 2009 11:02PM
I've been reading a lot about the Twilight hack and I think I'm going to do it. I just have a couple of 'newb' questions, sorry.

1. Will installing homebrew channel/ twilight hack/ any other app affect my Wii? (As in not allowing me to play certain games, disabling the wii store, disabling all my BOUGHT apps?)

2. How do i figure out which system menu I have? I need to know that to figure out which Twilight hack i should use.

3. How often does someone's wii get bricked?

4. What's a great website for homebrew applications for the wii?

5. Is this illegal in anyway?

Thanks a lot guys!
Re: Hey guys!
January 25, 2009 12:04AM
1. No, but sometimes updates can affect homebrew (it is best not to update with homebrew until more info is known about that update)

2. Go to the system settings and in the upper right corner it says your version

3. If you follow the directions you shouldn't worry about bricking

4. You're on it

5. No, but it does void your warranty
January 25, 2009 12:24AM
3. We have never heard of a brick from installing the HBC

4. actually, use [wiibrew.org] - THIS is the support forum
January 26, 2009 07:20PM
Thanks a lot guys!!! One more question, heh.

1. I have an SD card, but not an SD card reader. I have a digital camera that i can put the SD into then connect it to the computer, but I can't access any files that i transferred from the wii to the sd card (Zelda Save File). If there's a way to, please explain, if not where can i get an sd card reader? Thank you very much.
January 26, 2009 08:36PM
a photo printer with an SD slot will also work!
January 26, 2009 09:08PM
Strange. Are you definitely 100% certain your computer doesnt read SD cards? I'm not trying to bug you, but most computers bought in the last 3 - 5 years actually do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 09:09PM by Arikado.
January 26, 2009 11:56PM
You can buy an SD card reader from your local electronics store. They typically aren't too expensive and most card readers include the ability to read other card formats as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login