Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TH Wii with HBC issues: Please see post!

Posted by Perfecteagle 
TH Wii with HBC issues: Please see post!
January 25, 2009 02:29AM
I have a Wii which was originally running version 3.4U. I used the Twilight Hack to install HBC, and through HBC as per advice of my friend used a system downgrader to downgrade to 3.2U. This seems to have been a mistake that I would prefer to fix as quickly as possible, for now my Wii won't play any of the numerous Gamecube games that I have in my collection. I put the disc in, the system menu recognizes that it is a Gamecube disc, and when I click start the screen goes out. The Wii is still "on", but not sending a signal to my television. At this point, I usually eject the disc (for sitting there doesn't seem to do anything [As a side note, the blue slot loading light does not light up when I eject said disc]) and then hit power to turn it off. I then can hit power to turn it back on, works just fine. Reads all Wii games, reads no Gamecube games.

I had lent the Wii to my friend who had advised me to downgrade it. I cannot be sure, but it is possible that the Wii may have been used for the purposes of playing things such as WADs, disc ISOs, etc. This is not the purpose for which I originally used the Twilight Hack, as I do not under any circumstances condone those uses. My friend had assured my that 3.2U was "better", and I followed his advice without performing my own research due to the fact that I normally trust his judgement. Now I just want my Wii unhacked if possible, or just to get Gamecube functionality back.

PS: Sorry for the excessively long first post, I just believe in giving as thorough a description of my problem as possible. Please help if you can!
Re: TH Wii with HBC issues: Please see post!
January 25, 2009 02:35AM
I have bad news for you. Your "friend" installed an illegal IOS on your Wii to downgrade it. As the main advantages of being on 3.2 center around running ISO's and WADs its possible your friend may have done that too (as you stated). You'll need to find out exactly what your friend ran on your Wii in order for us to help you (if we can).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 02:36AM by Arikado.
January 25, 2009 05:43AM
Here's a full list of the files that were on the SD card that he used when hacking on my 3.4U Wii. Sorry the list is extensive, I just want to be as thorough as possible. Also, sorry it took my a bit to get the list from him, he is being quite uncooperative. Any idea what a Nintendo update might do in a situation like this? I really just hate the idea of him having cost me my Wii due to his stupid hacking ambitions.

"-" denotes folder, "~" denotes file

-v1042
~00000000
~00000001
~00000002
~00000003
~00000004
~00000005
~00000006
~00000007
~00000008
~00000009
~0000000a
~0000000b
~0000000c
~0000000d
~0000000e
~cetk
~tmd.1042
-apps
-1. WAD Manager
~boot.dol
~icon.png
~meta.xml
-2. Custom WM
~boot.dol
~icon.png
~meta.xml
-3. IOS Downgrader
~boot.dol
~meta.xml
-4. Firmware Downgrader
~boot.dol
~meta.xml
~README.es.txt
~README.txt
-5. Starfall
~boot.dol
~icon.png
~meta.xml
-6. cIOS_Installer
~boot.dol
~cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol
~icon.png
~meta.xml
-7. Install Shop IOS51
~boot.dol
~icon.png
~meta.xml
-private
-wii
-title
-rzde
~data.bin
~Twilight3.4.bin
-rzdj
~data.bin
~Twilight3.4.bin
-rzdp
~data.bin
~Twilight3.4.bin
-WAD
~cios_fix.wad
~DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad
~IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
~IOS38-64-v3609.wad
~boot.dol

PS: I did find out that he was using my Wii to try the bootloading and things, he just didn't tell me about it until now. I wanted homebrew, but he went beyond that which is what I didn't want him to do.
January 25, 2009 02:40PM
Yes, my inference was correct. He installed, an illegal IOS (IOS 16), ran WADs, and ran backups on your Wii. Problems with your Wii are most likely a result of running the ios_16, ios_38, cios_fix wad, and the backup launcher cios. Two of those were uneccessary installations (even for running illegal stuff) and most likely interfered with each other causing problems to your Wii.

Luckily, you may be able to fix your Wii after all. Here are two things which may or may not work for you, but they are the only two things I know of that may work.

1)Savemiifrii (you'll have to ask around the forum for extensive information about this - I'm not an expert on it)

2)Update your Wii to latest available firmware

I personally reccomend trying Savemiifrii first.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 02:41PM by Arikado.
January 25, 2009 03:27PM
I'll give those a shot. Thanks for the advice. What exactly do you think would happen with a Nintendo update? I've heard a lot of horror stories about people with homebrew/hacked consoles that do authorized updates, and then people show up at their door to take them away. Any truth to those do you think? If so, I should take it over to his house to do the update as a last resort.
January 25, 2009 03:53PM
That rumor you just told me is the biggest piece of bull shit I've ever heard.

But yeah, try savemiifrii and if that doesnt work update as a last resort.
January 26, 2009 01:53AM
I can't find savemiifrii but I did find a semi-brick fix disc. I burned it and used it, but it didn't seem to do anything besides showing a lot of code. Gamecube still doesn't work. Could Nintendo's update possibly brick it due to the illegal IOS?
January 26, 2009 02:00AM
The illegal IOS was ripped off a pinkfish or fix disc. I dont believe Nintendo would brick you for having it installed.

Savemiifrii is a method of putting a gamecube controller in port 4, and pressing all 4 dpad buttons at once, thus forcing your wii into recovery mode at which time you insert a disc with an update on it.
January 26, 2009 02:23AM
Perfecteagle
I'll give those a shot. Thanks for the advice. What exactly do you think would happen with a Nintendo update? I've heard a lot of horror stories about people with homebrew/hacked consoles that do authorized updates, and then people show up at their door to take them away. Any truth to those do you think? If so, I should take it over to his house to do the update as a last resort.

hahaha, it isn't worth Nintendo's time, money, or reputation to do that.....
January 26, 2009 02:59AM
At what point do you push all four d-pad buttons?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login