Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about uninstalling...?

Posted by doofus123 
Question about uninstalling...?
May 19, 2009 01:17AM
Hey guys

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if installing a boot2 wad would fully uninstall bootmii if installed as boot2 (if somebody was selling their wii or something)? Thanks!
Re: Question about uninstalling...?
May 19, 2009 05:24AM
Not as right now. I'm trying to uninstall bootmii because it does not work on my wii. I'm waiting for a future release that will allow me to uninstall it if possible. I don't really need it.
May 19, 2009 07:08AM
Even if you could, why would you? Selling a Wii with BootMii installed is a feature.

Also, if you sell to someone not knowing, they won't even notice unless they insert a properly formatted SD card when booting up. The risk of that is less then zero unless the person is into Wii hacking; which would make it cease to be a problem anyway ...
May 24, 2009 04:33AM
luigirocks
Not as right now. I'm trying to uninstall bootmii because it does not work on my wii. I'm waiting for a future release that will allow me to uninstall it if possible. I don't really need it.

What does this mean? ("It does not work on my wii.")

With regards to uninstallation, see the README. You could technically reinstall the existing boot2 using ES_ImportBoot, but it's a bit cleaner if you just erase the flash pages used by BootMii (usually 3 and 4). The next version of the beta will do this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login