Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Tutorial] How to use Wavebirds on bootmii

Posted by Yisrolik 
[Tutorial] How to use Wavebirds on bootmii
June 03, 2009 03:12AM
This may work with other wireless controllers, I'm not sure. I don't know if somebody else found this out already but I figured might as well post it in case. I found this out myself anyways, because I was too lazy to get up whenever bootmii loads.

Step 1: Plug in your Wavebird into port 1.
Step 2: Switch to Channel 1
Step 3: Turn on Wavebird and hold down a key (Best is one that isn't used in bootmii, I use X)
Step 4: Turn wii on while still holding X
Step 5: Let go of X and check it out, you can use your wavebird in bootmii!

My theory: Maybe this works because your controller is constantly sending data to the wii, so it notices it. If that is the case then maybe Team Twiizers could make bootmii constantly ask for data from port 1 or something like that. I don't know if that even makes sense, I'm not much of a hacker/programmer.

[EDIT]: This is largely untested. Only tested on my wii, and after doing it once, I could skip step 3. If you could test it and tell me your results, that would be great.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 05:40PM by Yisrolik.
Re: [Tutorial] How to use Wavebirds on bootmii
June 03, 2009 08:21PM
This problem existed in most hombrew GC apps. Holding any button on the wavebird while starting the homebrew always seemed to fix it.

It was a common problem with older GC apps. I think it has something to do with the version of ogc/devkitpro used, because I don't see it with newer apps or most WII apps.

Is BootMII using an older or minimal ogc implementation? If so, perhaps it does not have whatever bugfix was made that seems to have fixed it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login