Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii don' t work?Dump is for a different Wii

Posted by Mauroz 
Bootmii don' t work?Dump is for a different Wii
June 11, 2009 10:47PM
Hello, i have a dump of my WII(try 5 time and everytime same 2 bad block, correctly when bootmii verify backup).Now mi wii have a semi brick, but when i try to replace my backup, bootmii tell:Backup is for a different Wii.
Thanks for your help
Re: Bootmii don' t work?Dump is for a different Wii
June 12, 2009 09:27AM
It's a strange behaviour heard from other users also.
What kind of checks are inserted into BootMii restoration ?

BR
June 13, 2009 07:07AM
It seems BootMii makes some kind of over-checking right now. Maybe you have to wait beta3. However, semi-brick is usually caused by mismatch between SysMenu and region settings, and could be easily recovered by other ways which some of them may not be proper to be discussed here. SaveMii.net (http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html) has some basic information.
June 13, 2009 03:20PM
It's ok to solve the problem he has in different ways, but it's expected he's able to restore his NAND dump and it's not the case ...
June 13, 2009 09:49PM
I have Exactly the same problem.I have Bootmii installed on Boot 2,just did a backup to a fresh sd card , did the verify ok , but what I go to restore , its gives me the same error "Dump is from a different Wii" , so I guess at this stage its impossible for me to restore , unless someone knows different?.

I guess I wil just have to wait for Beta 3..
June 13, 2009 10:08PM
Update to my last post..

I tried another SD card and all worked perfectly , so restore seems very card dependant.So to conclued even though you can do a backup with verify and all appears ok , you may not also be able to restore from that same SD card - I hope my finding help the authors , as this is a great bit of software...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.