Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii now hates my SD card.

Posted by kylethedarkn 
BootMii now hates my SD card.
June 25, 2009 08:57AM
Ok so I had bootmii installed on a 2gb SD card. Then I needed the SD card for something else, so I transferred all the files to my computer, used the SD card for the other thing, and then put everything back on.

After doing this Bootmii failed to load up. I got the quick disc tray light flash and it would go to the startup screen. I figured something must have corrupted when I transferred the files, so I formatted the SD card, uninstalled Bootmii and then reinstalled it on the SD card. Still didn't work.

So then I took another SD card and installed Bootmii and it works fine on that card. Also the HBC reads both cards, so I'm not sure why Bootmii won't load up on the first card.

Any ideas? Also sorry if this is confusing, I'm pretty tired.
Re: BootMii now hates my SD card.
June 25, 2009 03:27PM
have you tried booting with another sd?

btw, check the format.. maybe a fat16 reformat can make your card return to normal (it worked for me), as you are using a 2gb card, there shouldn't be any problem..

EDIT: sorry.. i meant, have you tried booting with another sd after format it in your computer??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 09:40PM by Qcho.
Re: BootMii now hates my SD card.
June 28, 2009 06:58PM
Maybe it will help in your case too:

I had the problem ,trying to backup my Wii (NAND memory), using BootMii.
Process went OK, but there was no any hand.bin file on my SD card.
I trying reformat my SD card in FAT16 format several times, using different cluster size: 16k, 32k, 64k.
For NAND backup worked out only cluster size 64K.
SD card: Transcend 1gb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login