Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Accidental Upgrade. Restore from NAND?

Posted by clueless123 
Accidental Upgrade. Restore from NAND?
June 14, 2010 10:32PM
Hello all!

I had a 4.1U Wii with the latest BootMii/DVDx/HBC installed. Then Galaxy 2 came out and my little brother updated the Wii without thinking. Now the HBC is upside-down, and bootmii no longer starts at bootup. I have a NAND backup. Is there any way to restore to this? Also, I bought a Virtual Console game after my last NAND backup. If I am able to restore that NAND, will I lose the game?
Re: Accidental Upgrade. Restore from NAND?
June 14, 2010 11:18PM
If you have BootMii/boot2 you can restore the dump, but you will lose the VC game. You'll need to reinstall BootMii/boot2 with HackMii Installer via bannerbomb or HBC if you can navigate it upside down.

However, an official update shouldn't turn HBC upside down. But anyway, reinstall HBC while you reinstall BootMii/boot2 and that should probably fix it. If you didn't already have the latest DVDx, you'll need to reinstall it too.
June 15, 2010 01:58AM
Ahh! Issue!

I tried running the Hackmii Installer through HBC, and it said it couldn't install as IOS or Boot2. What should I do?
June 15, 2010 11:40AM
Hmm, odd. Did it let you reinstall HBC?

Why do you feel the need to downgrade? There is no benefit to doing so.
June 15, 2010 06:01PM
I never downgraded, I just never upgraded when 4.2 came out because of fear. The installer did not let me re-install HBC.
June 15, 2010 07:10PM
I know you didn't downgrade, I'm asking why you want to now. And when you say the installer didn't let you reinstall HBC, do you mean it gave you a "no vulnerable IOS detected" error? If so, you need to get rid of cIOScorp/darkcorp, whichever you have. They are fail anyway, and you're better off without them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login