Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD not working after Homebrew and BootMii update

Posted by GeauxChiro 
SD not working after Homebrew and BootMii update
August 10, 2010 03:17PM
Last night I updated my Homebrew and BootMii as boot2 to the newest versions. Now, I am unable to see any applications in Homebrew, just bubbles. I am also not able to access the SD card from Wii data management. I am getting "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used" error when clicking the SD Card menu. However, I am able to restore and create NAND backup using bootmii as boot2, so that leads me to think that the SD reader and card are ok. I am on a 4.2U using a 2GB SD card that was loading all apps before the update. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks a million.
Re: SD not working after Homebrew and BootMii update
August 10, 2010 04:37PM
Strange problem. I don't think I've heard of anyone else experiencing this problem...Make sure the read/write switch on the card is off.

EDIT: Oh, and don't make more than one topic for the same thing please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 04:38PM by SifJar.
August 10, 2010 04:55PM
The switch is not locked and I am able to read and write to the card using boot2. I have tried 3 different cards and they all give the same problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
August 10, 2010 05:06PM
Hmm...check what IOS HBC is running on (press Home in HBC and it'll say it the top right corner).

Are you sure you did NOTHING except install HBC between the card working and it not? If you did, and you decide not to mention it for some reason, it could seriously hamper our chances of helping you...

When you say you can restore NAND dumps via BootMii/boot2; If you do so, and restore a dump from before you upgraded HBC, does SD card work again?

Could you please post your HackMii Installer log file too? Not here, as that'd clutter the thread, but post in on pastebin.org or something and post a link here.
August 11, 2010 04:04AM
I am running IOS 61 v21.29.

I am positive that I did not do anything except update and create the NAND backup. Unfortunately, I can't find my previous NAND dump. So, the only dump I have is after the 1.0.7 update.

Here is my installer log: [pastebin.org]

Thank you very much for your time.
August 11, 2010 06:27PM
Hmm, IOS60 is patched, perhaps that is causing issues in SM? Never heard of that causing issues before, but I guess its possible. Try installing a clean, unpatched IOS60 with dop-Mii, making sure to have a NAND dump before doing so. There is a chance that may fix the issues in SM. But it's probably unlikely I guess...
August 11, 2010 07:11PM
I will try that. How can I use dop-Mii without SD use?
August 11, 2010 07:47PM
Oh. Didn't think of that lol. Uhm...try loading it from a USB drive in HBC if you can.
August 12, 2010 12:36AM
So, upon close inspection, I noticed that one of the plastic pillars on the side of my SD card was missing. I examined the SD slot of the Wii and sure enough it was stuck in there not allowing for a solid connection. Talk about strange timing. I pulled the plastic piece out and all is well. Thank you so much for helping me SifJar.
August 12, 2010 04:15AM
Nevermind. I spoke too soon. The SD slot is still not working. How do I go about loading dop-Mii from the USB drive? I am now completely lost. Grrrrrrr
August 12, 2010 11:11AM
Well, I'm gonna guess this is a hardware issue now :( So dop-Mii probably won't help. But for loading apps off USB, just make an "apps" folder on the root of your USB drive (as you would an SD card for HBC) and fill it as usual. Then load HBC with USB drive plugged in. If apps don't show up immediately, try changing to USB by pressing 1 (or 2, can't remember) and selecting USB. Note that many drives are incompatible with HBC.
August 12, 2010 05:27PM
The SD icon lights up blue when I insert the card, and BootMii can read and write to the card with no problems. These 2 things make me wonder if it can be hardware. I will try an unpatched IOS60 this evening and let you know. Thanks again Sif Jar.
August 12, 2010 05:34PM
Hmm, yeah it BootMii can read/write SD card, it can't really be hardware...
August 12, 2010 06:49PM
What benefits, if any, does a patched IOS60 provide? I am curious as to how I got that to begin with. Hopefully restoring it with Dop-Mii will do some good.
August 12, 2010 08:01PM
The only "benefit" is being able to run custom channels off the SD card, however, that in itself is pointless IMO, because if you're gonna have to load SD Menu anyway, you'd be just as quick to load HBC and load homebrew from there.
August 13, 2010 06:26AM
Sif Jar, What do you think about running the Pimp My Wii to update all my IOSes after installing the non-trucha IOS60?
August 13, 2010 10:28AM
i think its a terrible idea. that app will perform many unnessecary patches whether you want them or not. you'd be better to do it manually with dop-mii
August 17, 2010 01:27AM
I installed the non-patched IOS60 v6174 using DOP-Mii . I am still unable to access the SD card outside of BootMii as boot2. I was hoping that would be my saving grace. Any other ideas?
August 17, 2010 08:09AM
Sorry as of August 14th we don't support patched IOSs - [forum.wiibrew.org]
August 17, 2010 02:54PM
My IOS is no longer patched as suggested by Sif Jar. My SD card is still unusable by the Wii System Menu after upgrading to 0.7 and now 0.8.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login