Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having a new issue with BootMii, BootMii says my backup is from a different Wii!!!!

Posted by bryceone 
Having a new issue with BootMii, BootMii says my backup is from a different Wii!!!!
September 14, 2010 11:11PM
I usually make a backup of my Wii's NAND with BootMii every once in a while, especially before installing new things. I've never had a problem restoring my NAND backups until now. Trying to restore it, but it's telling me the backup is from a different Wii. It's not!!! What's going on here? This is happened after updating with HackMii 0.8 (HBC and BootMii).

It does ask if I'm sure I want to continue, KONAMI, if not Press Z to quit. I dont want to take that risk yet. Also, i'm assuming this is with a Gamecube Controller? I had left my GC controller at my brother's house in Reno and I wont be able to get it back for until next time I visit.
Re: Having a new issue with BootMii, BootMii says my backup is from a different Wii!!!!
September 14, 2010 11:45PM
Aere you sure it said its from a different Wii? Cos it will NOT let you restore a dump from another Wii at all. I believe the problem you have is that BootMii is installed as IOS, and you can't restore a NAND dump with BootMii/IOS unless you enter the Konami code on a GC controller. The reason for this is its dangerous to do so with BootMii/IOS, because if something goes wrong, you cannot recover.
Wasn't what I expected to find, but Thanks. Somehow it got installed as IOS. I uninstalled it and installed as Boot2, and it's working fine now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login