Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii public beta 6 as IOS, 2010 Wii v4.3E: Reset, Power and Eject are not "rewired".

Posted by pygy 
Hello,

I just installed Bootmii as an IOS (no choice) on a PAL 2010 Wii (System menu 4.3). I don't have a GC controller, and the console buttons have not been hijacked by Bootmii. Reset and Power still reset and turn off the console, and Eject ejects disks.

I've seen that a similar issue existed in 2009 and had been patched. see bug 72 and bug 95. Regression?

Is there something I can do, short of buying a GC controller?
Not a regression - in those bug reports the power and reset buttons did nothing at all (the eject button always attempts to eject a disc, there's no way around that).

Are you sure you're in Bootmii? Because it's impossible for those buttons to reset / power off the console (not including power button long presses) unless there is code specifically written to do it, and Bootmii has no such code...
Re: Bootmii public beta 6 as IOS, 2010 Wii v4.3E: Reset, Power and Eject are not "rewired".
October 26, 2011 06:21PM
In case you don't quite understand, if you are actually in BootMii, you should see the following:

If you do not see a screen like that one, you are not in BootMii. To load BootMii/IOS, run Homebrew Channel, press Home button and select "Launch BootMii".
the new wii doesnt even have the gc-controller ports, how am i supposed to control it then, the only thing i can do is moving around with the power bottom, but selecting is not possible? please help :/
Re: Bootmii public beta 6 as IOS, 2010 Wii v4.3E: Reset, Power and Eject are not "rewired".
November 18, 2011 09:18PM
reset button should select.
November 19, 2011 12:10AM
Power = Right (or down)
Reset = Select ("A")
Eject = Left (or up)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login