Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installer Hangs

Posted by alainvey 
Installer Hangs
May 14, 2009 02:09AM
Wonderful news.

I've attempted to install BootMii, and the installer seems to have hung after installing it. After "Success", I click continue, but no response. If I reboot my Wii, am I looking at a brick?
Re: Installer Hangs
May 14, 2009 06:58AM
I saw this once when trying to install using BannerBomb. It only seems to happen when installing BootMii/boot2 using BannerBomb; after installing boot2, it will say "SUCCESS" and then hang.

Your Wii is fine, and it successfully installed. I suspect it's a problem with BannerBomb; Comex is investigating.
May 14, 2009 07:15AM
I had the same problem while installing BootMii/boot2 using Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 on System Version 3.4.

I was a bit worried at first, but after turning my Wii on/off by pushing the power button, BootMii was there - successfully installed. :]
May 14, 2009 08:03AM
I can also confirm that the installer hangs, causes me to force restart the wii. Installation works fine but will randomly hang while navigating the menus before and after installation of BootMii.
May 14, 2009 09:17AM
Thanks for the reply, bushing, but I'm on 3.4 with HBC. My serial number is LEH137... Also, I installed HBC 1.0.2 first and did not reboot before trying BootMii, so that might be the issue.

Edit: Given bushing's comment that this issue is also present when using Bannerbomb, would that imply that this bug is simply a failed return to loader attempt? This would make sense, since the loader I used to boot the installer (HBC 1.0.1) was no longer present when I attempted to conclude the installation procedure; in the case of Bannerbomb, there is no persistent loader program to return to.

For the record, I did a hard reset and everything is fine. BootMii is great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 10:12AM by alainvey.
May 14, 2009 01:25PM
My was hanging too, i was nearly pissed myself :P

And again, bootmii rocks!
May 14, 2009 04:50PM
bushing
I saw this once when trying to install using BannerBomb. It only seems to happen when installing BootMii/boot2 using BannerBomb; after installing boot2, it will say "SUCCESS" and then hang.

Your Wii is fine, and it successfully installed. I suspect it's a problem with BannerBomb; Comex is investigating.

I do not think it's bannerbomb, because this same thing happened to me when I used the latest homebrew channel to install bootmii.

It did hang and it did install successfully. However, I have no installation log so I can't report anything
May 14, 2009 05:52PM
Same thing happened here, It was a little bit of a worry, but more worried when I rebooted to see if it worked and it took about 9 seconds to boot into bootmii :p

other than that it worked fine and Im really enjoying the current layout.

thank you
May 14, 2009 09:14PM
same thing as well, but after powering down and back on BootMii was not installed. The BootMii files were created on my sd card though.
May 14, 2009 09:17PM
jabce85
same thing as well, but after powering down and back on BootMii was not installed. The BootMii files were created on my sd card though.

Was bootmii installed as a boot2 or an IOS?
May 14, 2009 09:19PM
boot2, want me to give the other way a try?
May 14, 2009 09:22PM
jabce85

No just thought that you may have installed it as an IOS and afaik it doesnt load bootmii at startup. It installed first time to boot2 for me, send the log if one was made to hackmii as the readme says, then i guess just try again.
May 14, 2009 09:45PM
niko86
jabce85

No just thought that you may have installed it as an IOS and afaik it doesnt load bootmii at startup. It installed first time to boot2 for me, send the log if one was made to hackmii as the readme says, then i guess just try again.

yeap, shot them an email w/ the log file and also tried the install again... same thing. Oh well though, it's the first beta; they'll have it fixed soon enough.
May 14, 2009 10:18PM
jabce85
niko86
jabce85

yeap, shot them an email w/ the log file and also tried the install again... same thing. Oh well though, it's the first beta; they'll have it fixed soon enough.

This may sound ridiculously stupid, but are you sure you actually installed Bootmii to boot2 as opposed to just preparing the SD card?

The option is there for both during installation...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 10:19PM by diffikolt.
May 14, 2009 10:24PM
diffikolt
jabce85
niko86
jabce85

This may sound ridiculously stupid, but are you sure you actually installed Bootmii to boot2 as opposed to just preparing the SD card?

The option is there for both during installation...

hah, yeah, bootmii -> boot2 was what i did.. actually since that prepared the card in the install (and didn't work) i went back and selected to prepare the card and then did the install with the same outcome. it just seems it's getting stuck like everyone else's, but mines not installing like the others
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login