Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merged: BootMii Error -2 / new f01e boot1 / future possibilities

Posted by giantpune 
Re: Stupid Boot1 and Thanks
July 16, 2009 01:03PM
Hope I'm not just being a pest but the way i have understood it, the reason that bootmii can't get past the new boot 2 is boot 1's new look. But i also understand that if the SHA-1 algorithm is broken then it might be possible to create a fake boot 2 that is signed like the actual one. well the SHA-1 algorithm has been broken and i thought you would like to know about it. I found this information on this site: [www.schneier.com]. Hope it helps and please keep up the good work guys.
Re: Merged: BootMii Error -2 / new f01e boot1 / future possibilities
July 17, 2009 12:39AM
Isn't every title on the Wii RSA secured?
June 07, 2012 03:16PM
Guys is it possible to un-install the boot1 so that it cannot prevent the boot2 to install?
June 07, 2012 05:15PM
yuki627
Guys is it possible to un-install the boot1 so that it cannot prevent the boot2 to install?

boot1 is a vital system component. Without it, the Wii would be 100% non-functional. So no, you cannot uninstall it. It's not there just to stop BootMii being installed to boot2 (or any other modification to boot2), it's there to load boot2 normally. [boot1 is on every Wii, in case you don't realise this, including the ones where BootMii can be installed to boot2].

You also cannot change boot1 in anyway on any Wii, because that would prevent the Wii from loading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 05:15PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login