Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hbc wont boot (when launched from BootMii)

Posted by razor85 
hbc wont boot (when launched from BootMii)
May 14, 2009 05:16AM
after installed bootmii into boot2 i cant get hbc to load from it. it produces a very glitchy screen with colors all wrong. This is a american wii, 3.2u
Dunno what else to do, same thing happens with crediar's preloader =]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 11:38PM by bushing.
Re: hbc wont boot
May 14, 2009 11:29AM
i have the same issue. HBC wont boot from Bootmii. when i try to load HBC i have freez and this on tv: http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/JAC6776/IMG_1180.jpg after that i have to hard restart (5 sec shutdown)

I have BootMii on boot2 installed, 3.2E system meny, updated HBC (older version also tested, same bug)
May 14, 2009 12:04PM
i forget to mention that HBC working normal from system menu
May 14, 2009 01:56PM
+1
I have the exact same problem but on a 3.2E Wii. Haven't tried the preloader but my wii produces the same screen as magic12 got. (HBC 1.0.1)
May 14, 2009 09:59PM
TnadeN
+1
I have the exact same problem but on a 3.2E Wii. Haven't tried the preloader but my wii produces the same screen as magic12 got. (HBC 1.0.1)

Have you tested HBC 1.0.2 to see if the result is the same? Details such as these help quite a bit with developers.
Re: hbc wont boot (when launched from BootMii)
May 15, 2009 03:43AM
I used to have a 3.0 something system menu and then upgraded using wanikos updater to 4.0 I have HBC 1.0.2 and I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. I installed bootmii to boot2 and I also have IOS61. I think its a bug u should work out for the future release.
May 15, 2009 10:10PM
found out my problem was wiikey settings fault, when i disabled everything in wiikey config, everything is back to normal.
May 15, 2009 11:51PM
I made a topic on a similar problem I'm having, but it seems it just never got through. Oh well

I can't boot to HBC from BootMii.
I installed everything with the hackmii installer (even though I already had DVDx and HBC installer, I did it just in case a newer version of either was included). Installed (updated?) those 2, then installed BootMii, it ran smoothly and I could navigate through it with ease.
After that, I proceded to back up my NAND and tried booting to HBC, but all I got was a black screen and had to hard shutdown. I though it was a minor bug with BootMii, so I went though to system menu and tried starting HBC from there, but I get nothing: I click on the HBC, get the nice music and press the start button, screen goes black for about 4 seconds and it loads system menu again, as if I had pressed the reset button. No error, no glitchy screens, nothing. It just throws me back to the System menu.

Any help? Am I screwed and doomed to a lifetime with no HBC?
May 16, 2009 01:17AM
razor85
found out my problem was wiikey settings fault, when i disabled everything in wiikey config, everything is back to normal.

i dont have modchip, my problem still stands
May 16, 2009 11:19PM
I have something similar

I had hbc 1.02 and bootmii working on 3.3, decided to upgrade to 4.0 via the wii system menu

now bootmii still loads but i can't load hbc via bootmii or via the system menu :(

is there any way of reinstalling hbc from bootmii?

the only other thing i can think of is doing the banner bomb thing to install everything all over again :S
May 17, 2009 07:32AM
Any help on this issue? I'm sorry if I come across as annoying, but the idea of entirely losing HBC is really worrying =/
May 18, 2009 09:37AM
DFA_
Any help on this issue? I'm sorry if I come across as annoying, but the idea of entirely losing HBC is really worrying =/

I'm not sure what 4.0 would do but the official nintendo update is likely to do things to try and limit homebrew use. Perhaps it writes over HBC? Best bet would be to backup your nand before updating if it stops anything from working recover your nand backup then your where you were before updating to 4.0. Obviously this is only for boot2 bootmii users.
May 19, 2009 06:42AM
I'm running 3.3U right now, never had any problems at all installing or running homebrew up until now.

Would trying to install HBC over again via Twilight Hack help at all? It's the only thing I can think of to regain access to HBC
May 19, 2009 05:29PM
hello,

I create a bug report: [bugs.hackmii.com]
May 19, 2009 07:05PM
fozzy38
hello,

I create a bug report: [bugs.hackmii.com]

we got it here: http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=33
May 20, 2009 12:12PM
Twilight hack fixed it. Took a couple of tries, but I have a functional HBC now.
May 20, 2009 06:56PM
DFA_
Twilight hack fixed it. Took a couple of tries, but I have a functional HBC now.
Fixed it, but what did you do exactly??
May 21, 2009 02:25AM
installed HBC from the twilight hack, as if installing it for the very first time. Just whipped out my TP disk, transferred the twilight hack savegame to my wii memory, blah blah, got to the instaler, installed, reboot and it worked =)
May 22, 2009 07:16AM
panda21
I have something similar

I had hbc 1.02 and bootmii working on 3.3, decided to upgrade to 4.0 via the wii system menu

now bootmii still loads but i can't load hbc via bootmii or via the system menu :(

is there any way of reinstalling hbc from bootmii?

the only other thing i can think of is doing the banner bomb thing to install everything all over again :S

I ran into the same problem, and I suspect it may be an entirely different situation from this topic, but since it's already mentioned it here, I'm responding here.

Here's what I did:
The Wii Menu version was 3.2U I believe, or whatever Animal Crossing Wii requires.

I installed BootMii via the Homebrew channel. This worked fine .I installed DVDx and the Homebrew Channel. I backed up the NAND and noted the Homebrew channel worked.

At this point I updated via the Boom Blox Bash Party disc, and much to my surprise it was still only version 3.3U. Then I installed via Nintendo (I mistakenly thought you could launch the BootMii installer from BootMii, so I wasn't worried about Bannerbomb being patched out), and this updated me to 4.0U.

I do not know if the Homebrew channel worked after updating to 3.3U via the Boom Blox Bash Party disc. I do know it stopped after the Nintendo updated, stopped being both through BootMii and the Homebrew channel resulted in a black screen requiring a hard power down via holding down the power button.

This is the first point that I looked into using Bannerbomb, and on my first attempt I got the BootMii installer to run. It still showed Homebrew Channel and DVDx installed, but to be safe I uninstalled them both, then exited the installer. The Homebrew channel was gone after this, so I used Bannerbomb to launch the installer a second time and reinstalled DVDx then the Homebrew Channel. The Homebrew Channel now works fine again!

This suggests to me the update may outright break the Homebrew Channel itself now, or something outlined above broke it, but reinstalling with Bannerbomb worked.

I'm not sure if it was unwise to install the Homebrew Channel over the older version of the Homebrew Channel. I did that because I intended to use Bannerbomb as a last resort... which I had to anyway (and it was actually far easier than the Twilight Hack much to my surprise).
May 23, 2009 07:07AM
In my case, installing HBC 1.02 over the previous version resulted in a completely non-working HBC.

I guess different system version behave really different from one another, since my problems were fixed by installing the first HBC version over v1.02 (which was installed over a previous version in the first place) via Twilight Hack.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login