Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii as IOS doesn't work??

Posted by Sephiroth 
BootMii as IOS doesn't work??
May 14, 2009 02:59PM
hi there,

i have a wii here, which has the newer boot1, which of course means i have to install bootmii as IOS, but how do i start it?? i just don't get...the installer writes some files on the sd card and i assume bootmii as IOS works the same way as the boot2 installation, but instead of loading from boot2 it loads from a sane IOS...but my wii never boots bootmii, when i turn on my wii.

ok so either my wii isn't supposed to load bootmii when turning on the system,when installed as IOS or something's wrong here. my sd card doesn't even save the log file, when i exit the bootmii installer,so I can't see wether or not something went wrong...but at least it says "SUCCESS" when i install bootmii, so i guess everything went right there.

anybody having the same problem or a solution for my problem?
Re: BootMii as IOS doesn't work??
May 14, 2009 03:08PM
Go to HBC, press HOME button and to your avail it should say Load BootMii 3rd way down.
May 14, 2009 03:22PM
@Hackrob:

1. how am i supposed to figure that out? i can'r remember bushing saying this somewhere,neither does the readme file.

2. still no success...my hbc just looks and works the same way as it did before, no "load bootmii" button.
May 14, 2009 04:03PM
When you installed BootMii did you install the new Homebrew Channel? I would assume 1.0.2 would have the menu option for BootMii older versions would not.

It says this in the readme:

"* BootMii/IOS: This mode will install BootMii into your NAND filesystem as an IOS (IOS254). It behaves identically to BootMii/boot2, but you must launch it from a special program (the Installer, Homebrew Channel, or your own code.)"

Could have been worded better but does say that you can access bootmii from the Homebrew Channel.
May 14, 2009 04:37PM
@niko86:

well...thx, I really didn't notice that I have to install a new hbc to use bootmii, anyway, it seems like bootmii runs fine now as IOS :)
May 14, 2009 05:13PM
hi there

I'm using a US Wii, LU-64 S/N, System Menu 4.0U (wrong update made by my wife) and it's virgin (no modchip or HBC).
I tried to install BootMii, but my wii just reboot.
I guess my wii is one of the newer, so, i can't install BootMii in boot2 (need to install as IOS).

"* BootMii/IOS: This mode will install BootMii into your NAND filesystem as an IOS (IOS254). It behaves identically to BootMii/boot2, but you must launch it from a special program (the Installer, Homebrew Channel, or your own code.)"

I just don't know how to install it as a IOS. I used bannerbomb to run LoadMii and tried to launch the BootMii installer, but it freeze.
Please, someone can help me?

Tnx!

EDIT: Can i use bannerbomb to install HBC? If yes, where can i find the .ELF/.DOL from 1.0.2 version?

PS: Team Twiizers, u're great!!! Thank you very much!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 05:55PM by hangway2.
May 14, 2009 10:15PM
hangway2
hi there

I'm using a US Wii, LU-64 S/N, System Menu 4.0U (wrong update made by my wife) and it's virgin (no modchip or HBC).
I tried to install BootMii, but my wii just reboot.
I guess my wii is one of the newer, so, i can't install BootMii in boot2 (need to install as IOS).

I just don't know how to install it as a IOS. I used bannerbomb to run LoadMii and tried to launch the BootMii installer, but it freeze.
Please, someone can help me?

Tnx!

EDIT: Can i use bannerbomb to install HBC? If yes, where can i find the .ELF/.DOL from 1.0.2 version?

PS: Team Twiizers, u're great!!! Thank you very much!

Use Bannerbomb to install HBC 1.0.1 from here.

[hbc.hackmii.com]

Then, run HBC and try to install Hackmii.

If Bootmii installs fine to boot2, great. If it doesn't, come here to tell us if it said you have an invulnerable boot1. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login