Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii with preloader question

Posted by MANICX100 
Bootmii with preloader question
May 14, 2009 08:49PM
Hi,

I really want to install bootmii beta1 but I need to know if it works on Wiis' with crediars preloader 0.29 or not.

Sorry for asking the question that's been asked a million times. l I couldn't find a direct answer elsewhere.

So can bootmii being installed as boot2, be installed on this setup?

4.0E Wii
Preloader 0.29
Cios 249 rev 10

all installed.....

It definitely has the old boot1 as was purchased on launch day in Europe.
Re: Bootmii with preloader question
May 14, 2009 09:03PM
Yes it can.
May 15, 2009 01:58AM
Can it be installed as IOS install as well, (for the load to BootMii option in HBC) with Preloader or other IOS modifications (e.g. cIOS)? Also, kind of off topic, what IOS does DVDX install to on the new installer?
May 15, 2009 05:52AM
Yes, installing it as IOS even with Preloader or cIOS installed creates no issue.

However, considering most, if not all, cIOS are used for the purpose of piracy, I recommend that you do not discuss them on this board in the future.
May 15, 2009 09:43AM
Yes, you can install it as an IOS without it overwriting any over major cIOS's out there, it installs as IOS 254. DVDx I think goes where ever patchmii has been installed to, which if i remember right is IOS254 also. Once you have installed Bootmii as IOS maybe install DVDx again. I've used to the boot2 install so not 100% sure.
June 01, 2009 04:50PM
Might be a silly question, but can I install BootMii as both boot2 & IOS on the same system? Or will this cause problems? Also, I'm assuming that once I install BootMii, if I run the installer again it would give the option to uninstall if need be? Thanks!
June 01, 2009 07:11PM
UjnHunter
Might be a silly question, but can I install BootMii as both boot2 & IOS on the same system? Or will this cause problems? Also, I'm assuming that once I install BootMii, if I run the installer again it would give the option to uninstall if need be? Thanks!

yes the boot2 + IOS installation can be installed on the same system...no problems will occur.

and yes again, the next time you open up the hackmii installer with anything installed,the uninstall button will show up.
June 15, 2009 06:08PM
i have bootmii beta 2, 4.0 wii, and HBC 1.0.3 was wondering what would happen if i installed preloader and loaded bootmii
would there be conflicts with bootmii and preloader? thanks
June 16, 2009 09:27AM
When you select the menu option from bootmii, it'll load preloader unless you have set preloader to autoboot, in which case it'll load whatever it's autobooting. no conflicts will occur. I have both because I like the awesome menu haxx :-)
June 16, 2009 01:20PM
flyguy
i have bootmii beta 2, 4.0 wii, and HBC 1.0.3 was wondering what would happen if i installed preloader and loaded bootmii
would there be conflicts with bootmii and preloader? thanks

Your asking the same question the original poster asked, read the replies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login