Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible bug regarding bootmii.ini

Posted by Helsionium 
Possible bug regarding bootmii.ini
May 14, 2009 10:08PM
After some noob discussion over at "gbafail", and after I made my own observations, I came to the conclusion that the parsing of bootmii.ini might a little bit buggy - but before I explain the possible bug, I must add that BootMii is a very fine piece of homebrew software, and the bug I might have found is merely an annoyance, nothing really severe.

From testing, I have deduced that Windows-style line endings (0x0D0A) in bootmii.ini caused the file to be ignored. Furthermore, even after changing the file to have Unix-style line endings (only 0x0A) instead, it was still ignored if the last character was not 0x0A (but e.g. "U" from "SYSMENU"), which is common only in some environments, but not in all...

I highly appreciate your work and hope to have been of help.
Re: Possible bug regarding bootmii.ini
May 14, 2009 11:30PM
I'm assuming the line endings for this are a \n character in c and c++ (I don't know the hex representation though) You can easily write a program to edit the file?

Why don't you just not touch the line ending characters and only edit the text? (For example if you edit it in notepad, you see [], just edit what's before that?)

I hope this helps :)
Re: Possible bug regarding bootmii.ini
May 14, 2009 11:48PM
Ok, thanks for the report. [bugs.hackmii.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login